Alert Sounds

patmacleod-f
Just spent a long time puzzling over why MapRun 6.5.14 had stopped giving a beep at controls. All settings seemed correct, and everything else that needed sound got it, so why not MapRun? Then finally discovered that it did in fact beep for every sound except Beep5! So somehow, whilst it beeps when you select beep 5, it doesn't beep when you tap the Check Notification button, nor when you visit a control! Somewhere along the line Beep 5 loses it's voice, at least on my phone.
On the plus side, having no beep, I didn't realise I had started at my last MapRun, being parked too close to the start. I lost nearly 5 minutes, but was able to recreate my run from my Suunto watch, having only started that as I left the start. So Any Track saved me 20 penalty points, a really useful innovation!

Re: Alert Sounds

Pat

MapRun6 6.5+ is using "Notifications" for these sounds so that they work both in the foreground and background.
However, most notifications in Android Apps have a fixed sound ... not one that a user can change on the fly... and this seems to be a challenge to the permissions system in Android.... as each new sound selection can become a new notification type that needs permissions. The only thing I can think is that if you delve into Android Notifications permissions you might find a list of notifications, one for each sound you have used and maybe the Beep5 one is turned off??? Let me know what you find.

Re: Alert Sounds

patmacleod-f
I did find quite a list of notifications, including a couple I had tested but decided not to use, Beep5 was amongst them, all enabled, and Beep 5 showing about 4 notifications a day - no idea how they arrive at that figure. I'll play around some more, and make sure I have a working one next time I go MapRunning! It's not a big deal, just thought it worth mentioning in case anyone else has the same problem.