Bluetooth beacons

Robyn Rennie
Is anyone using MapRunF with bluetooth beacons at the control sites? What are the pros and cons of doing this? Does the app "read" the beacon?

Re: Bluetooth beacons

Robyn

MapRunF doesn't have any function that listens for bluetooth beacons. MapRunF solely does GPS-based punching. The idea being, to avoid having to put anything out in the field.

Nothing has changed in MapRunF in this regard since our email exchange with Daniel on this in March.

Having said that - I'd be interested to see if anyone is keen on this as a possible future development.

Peter