Can a Participant be added manually?

sheldec
Hello Everyone,

Our club is currently running an event that's a couple weeks long around the US Capitol and National Mall.

The courses are structured so there are three loops (each a short advanced course), a medium length course that uses two of the loops and a long advanced course that uses all three loops.  You can see the event announcement here, if interested.

The current puzzle facing me is that I have a participant that ran one loop of the Medium Advanced, when in fact, I am pretty sure they intended to only run one of the Short Advanced Loops.  Since that loop was entirely successful, I would like to shift their results to the proper course and delete them from the wrong course.

I could not find a procedure to add a participant to an event.  HITMO only seems to apply to the Right Course, but Missed Punch situation.

If there's a tutorial, please show me the way.

Thanks for considering the request.

All my best,
Craig

Re: Can a Participant be added manually?

Craig,

There is no specific function to move a result from one event (or even one runner) to another.

However, there are a couple of options:
- Use the runner's track to create a result in the other event using GPX Track Upload (https://console.maprun.net/). As an admin you can download their GPX track in the Console > Results > Individual > Select Event > Select Runner > Action - Download (against their GPX file)

- Otherwise if you have a result that is similar to what you want for that runner from another runner in the target event, you can "clone" that result and edit the details to create a result.

In both options - you can then delete the result against the original event.

Re: Can a Participant be added manually?

sheldec
Thanks Peter!

I totally overlooked the upper left hand margin menu item for uploading a GPS Track... I knew there was a method and totally lost the path... I was so focused on the lower left side Admin Only functions.

Corrections made.  All better now.

Thanks for your patience.

All my best,
Craig