Can upload GPX file more than once but only the first attempt appears in results

Can upload GPX file more than once but only the first attempt appears in results

Steve Nightingale
G'day Peter

I uploaded my watch GPX file today for the WCH Maprun Brindley Path OnlyPXAS ScoreN45 event after the phone's MaprunF HITMO'ed one but failed to enter the correct final score (my fault). I uploaded again with the correct scores (twice, one from the same page, and then when it didn't show in results, from a fresh copy of the maprun console).  Only the original one with a zero score shows in results.  Can you please advise.

Re: Can upload GPX file more than once but only the first attempt appears in results

Steve,

I'm seeing you listed twice in the results - one with zero points and one (Rev40) with 180 points.

http://www.p.fne.com.au/rg/cgi-bin/SelectResultFileForSplitsBrowserFiltered.cgi?act=fileToSplitsBrowser&eventName=ScoreResults_WCH%2520Summer%25204%2520Brindley%2520Path%2520OnlyPXAS%2520ScoreN45.csv

The organiser of the event can delete any superfluous result line.

I tend not to intervene in results management (unless there is a bug). I'm enhancing the handling of HITMO results such that organisers can quickly accept a HITMO result and clear the "(Rev xx)" from the surname field.

RE: Can upload GPX file more than once but only the first attempt appears in results

Steve Nightingale

G’day Peter,

You seemed to have missed the point, I have made a total of 4 uploads, only two are showing.  The uploads I made, in sequence were:-

1 No auto upload of MaprunF phone as it had 3 missing controls.  HITMOed at home to get the REV 40 180 score.  This is shown.

2 Upload of Fitbit watch file via Strava GPX but I misread the total score – penalties field as penalties field and hence ended up with a score of zero. This is shown.

3 Following on from 2 above once I realised what had happened, using the existing upload console screen, just correcting the score fields and uploaded again, not shown.

4 Uploaded watch GPX again using a fresh copy of the console GPX upload screen filling out the file and all the fields with the correct scores. Not shown.

It is the fact that 3 and 4 results are not displayed at all. I can’t see the point of asking the local Maprun admin to delete a bad one as I still won’t be able to see the good watch result, and I’m presuming the local admin won’t be able to see it as well.  They are not in the list  from your link.

Cheers

Steve

I'm seeing you listed twice in the results - one with zero points and one (Rev40) with 180 points.

http://www.p.fne.com.au/rg/cgi-bin/SelectResultFileForSplitsBrowserFiltered.cgi?act=fileToSplitsBrowser&eventName=ScoreResults_WCH%2520Summer%25204%2520Brindley%2520Path%2520OnlyPXAS%2520ScoreN45.csv

The organiser of the event can delete any superfluous result line.

I tend not to intervene in results management (unless there is a bug). I'm enhancing the handling of HITMO results such that organisers can quickly accept a HITMO result and clear the "(Rev xx)" from the surname field.

Peter

To unsubscribe from Can upload GPX file more than once but only the first attempt appears in results, click here.
NAML

RE: Can upload GPX file more than once but only the first attempt appears in results

Steve,

Sorry, my misunderstanding.

I've refreshed the results and a GPSWatch upload with a score of 180 (and no penalty) now shows. Is this the correct result?

So it appears that only one version of a GPX upload is displayed.... later versions of the file do overwrite the earlier ones - but it requires the results to be "refreshed"(and Admin function) for this change to be displayed in the Result table.

I'll add this to my list of issues to be attended to.

It probably only happens rarely as it requires:
- multiple uploads of the same GPX track (as the naming of the result file is determined from the times in the GPX file), the file name is always the same,
- an event where the Admin has not made any other changes and so has not had to Refresh the results (as this resolves the issue)

Thanks for identifying this issue. Let me know if I haven't addressed your concern.

Regards

RE: Can upload GPX file more than once but only the first attempt appears in results

Steve Nightingale
Thanks Peter. Yes, that is what I thought the issue was related to.  The correct watch GPX entry is now showing.

RE: Can upload GPX file more than once but only the first attempt appears in results

OK - So as it turns out, if the Admin deleted your duplicated (Rev xx) result, they would then do a Refresh to make that update, and this would have picked up the latest version of the GPX watch result. (But it wouldn't have been clear until then that the latest version had successfully uploaded). It's on the list to be enhanced/fixed.