Check Sites Error

jgilbert
Hi, I created a checksites event, which downloaded to my phone successfully. When I tapped "Go To Start", I got the following error message:

Error: FileSystemException; Cannot open file path = '/data/user/0/au.com.fne.maprun6/app_flutter/Events/Felbrigg 2022-08-24/KMZ/doc.kml' (OS Error: No such file or directory, errno = 2)

This meant I could not see my background map - I just see a white screen.

I carried on, as when I tapped "home" it told me that my track would be saved, and locations certainly seemed to be being added when i went to the right hand tab.

The traces are being produced, as I have e-mail'd and uploaded the GPX files.

Is my problem, just having spaces and/or hyphens in the filename?

Re: Check Sites Error

Jonathan,

Sorry to hear of the problem.

I'm opening the CheckSites with the 6-digit code ending in 252 that I believe is the one you referring to.

It's opening OK for me in MapRun6 on an iPhone.

Are you still having problems? Does your phone have storage available?

Re: Check Sites Error

jgilbert
Hi Peter,

Thanks for getting back to me. My phone is a Motorola G6 and has ~100GB of free storage.

I created a new checksites event, and tried again, with the same result.

I also tried installing MapRunF, and this worked fine (FelbriggTest).

As far as I am concerned, I now having a working solution, so am not too bothered about it not working in MapRun6. Although thinking about it, the release notes for MapRun6 do talk about improved GPS tracking, which is what I want to use it for. If you wanted to investigate further, then I'd be happy to help in any way I can.

Regards, and thanks again,
Jonathan

PS I didn't write down any of the checksites codes, so if you did want me to check something, I would either need to create a new checksites event, or you'd need to let me have the codes.

Re: Check Sites Error

Jonathan,

It would be great if you can do some more testing... as this is really unusual.

We typically have 20-30 CheckSites events created per day, and this is the first time we've seen this error.

Would you mind trying a few different scenarios?
- I can't see any results for you, so maybe this is a new installation of the App? If so, can you check other functions too? Does a "normal" published event open OK?
- Maybe do a reinstall of MapRun6
- Maybe try a different KMZ file or just a course file.

Feel free to contact us at support@maprun.net.

Re: Check Sites Error

jgilbert
Peter,

I feel a bit of an idiot. Just re-booted my phone and all is working as expected!

Thanks for your help,
Jonathan

Re: Check Sites Error

Jonathan,

No problem... One of those IT issues fixed by a re-boot!! ... All good that it is now working!

Peter