Checksites error code - Instance of 'minified:iw'

Checksites error code - Instance of 'minified:iw'

Guy Lingford
I've been creating courses on Checksites for a few months now and have found a new error message!

Error code: Error creating event Instance of 'minified:iw'

Having followed the steps that I have taken for other, successfully, courses I will admit to be being a bit perplexed by this one. Hope that someone has seen this before and can guide me as to where I've messed up and how to resolve it.

Regards

Re: Checksites error code - Instance of 'minified:iw'

Guy,

Sorry about the obscure error message.

This normally comes about, when there are problems with your Internet connection, including being behind a corporate firewall that blocks some ports that MapRun uses.

Maybe, restart your browser, check you internet connection and make sure you are not behind a firewall.

Email support@maprun.net if you still have problems.

Re: Checksites error code - Instance of 'minified:iw'

Guy Lingford
Thanks for looking at this so quickly Peter. I have restarted my laptop but still getting the same result. Getting late here in the UK so will sleep on it overnight and try again tomorrow / over the weekend giving the gremlins time to move away.

I'll get back to you if needed.

Regards

Re: Checksites error code - Instance of 'minified:iw'

Guy,

I've just created a CheckSites event myself, and all was OK.

I do believe it is most likely a firewall issue. If you are on a corporate/hotel network, maybe you can hotspot your laptop to your phone, to get less restricted access to the Internet.

If my hypothesis is correct, you would also have problems accessing MapRun results at results.maprun.net as it uses the same "ports" as console.maprun.net (used for CheckSites).

Re: Checksites error code - Instance of 'minified:iw'

Guy Lingford
Thanks again Peter and confirming that whatever the issue was it has resolved itself. I've been able to create the course on Checksites. Problem solved!

Re: Checksites error code - Instance of 'minified:iw'

Guy,

Thanks for the update. Great to hear of the success.

For the benefit of any other readers of this thread,  did you move your laptop onto a different network? Connect differently?

Re: Checksites error code - Instance of 'minified:iw'

Guy Lingford
No - no changes whatsoever. Indeed I simply switched off and switched back on again in the morning, the laptop wasn't moved an inch.