De-Googled Maprun?

AndrewC
Hi. My phone runs on /e/os which is a Google free version of Android. When I try to install and run Maprun6 it does not work at all. I presume that it is because it uses various Google Services that are normally embedded within Android. Is it possible to de-Google Maprun and use open source services?

Re: De-Googled Maprun?

Andrew,

The last time I checked, MapRunF/MapRun6 is run on over 1400 different device-type/Android-versions.

It uses Google services extensively.

I think users have lots of options without me trying to remove dependence on Google (even if that were possible for this App).

MapRun6 will run on quite low-end inexpensive Android devices.

Peter