Direct link to leaderboard

Michal Kus
I have a pretty basic question.
Does MapRun site allow for creation of direct links to leaderboard for a given event?
I know links for RouteGadget's and RouteGadget's SplitsBrowser, but not for simplest csv listing availiable in Console - and best for posting as an official results.

Or is this impossible at this point?

Thanks for help!

Re: Direct link to leaderboard

MichaelRaz
This post was updated on .
Hi Michal

Edit:  because the urls I pasted in below contain spaces (that would be removed once used as explained below) the hyperlink font is not complete to the end and may be broken up by a line feed in the forum).  Cut and past right to the end.

There are some new export functions available now but if you are looking for a direct url link that will not be a frame in the overall MapRun Console, it can be done as long as you know the event ID which you can get in a few ways).  Note that non of this bypasses security - just pulls the normally available results data from the web in a different way, skipping the frame. Not a "formal" feature

Using one of "my" events as an example:

For RouteGadget:
http://www.p.fne.com.au/rg/cgi-bin/reitti.cgi?act=map&id=4684&kieli=&cID=1

Event ID in this case is 4684 and this is the only thing that is unique so just replace this one with the approriate one and the link will go directly to RG rather than within the frame.
If you do not know the event ID, one way to get it is to open up any runners TRACK from the standard results page (which will open up RG with the single track within the frame). within the grey area on the RIGHT (edited from original post) of the RG frame, right click on "View Frame Source".  You will notice that the url showing up top is now similar to the one above (with an additional end like &pID=50007 which represents a single runner track).

For Results:
https://www.p.fne.com.au/rg/cgi-bin/SelectResultFileForSplitsBrowserFiltered.cgi?act=fileToSplitsBrowser&eventName=CombinedResults_March Highlands2020 ShortAdv2 PXAC.csv

The portion that needs to be changed for a specific event is the last part with the event name.  In this case "CombinedResults_March Highlands2020 ShortAdv2 PXAC.csv".  This can be cut and pasted directly from the regular results page title area.

One exception for the Results:  If it is a score-o then the name used in the url is like "ScoreResults_March Highlands2020 ScoreO PXAS SCOREV120.csv" - note the "ScoreResults" at the beginning rather than the "CombinedResult"

example:  https://www.p.fne.com.au/rg/cgi-bin/SelectResultFileForSplitsBrowserFiltered.cgi?act=fileToSplitsBrowser&eventName=ScoreResults_March Highlands2020 ScoreO PXAS SCOREV120.csv

One other thing to note that when one of these urls are used, the spaces (normally in the event name) are replaced with the standard HTML space notation %20 which can also be used later.  Example:
https://www.p.fne.com.au/rg/cgi-bin/SelectResultFileForSplitsBrowserFiltered.cgi?act=fileToSplitsBrowser&eventName=ScoreResults_March Highlands2020 ScoreO PXAS SCOREV120.csv
https://www.p.fne.com.au/rg/cgi-bin/SelectResultFileForSplitsBrowserFiltered.cgi?act=fileToSplitsBrowser&eventName=ScoreResults_McCarthyPark%20ScoreO%20PXAS%20SCOREV90.csv

Another option is to pull the data directly into excel or some other CSV application.  I wrote about this in this post http://maprun.250607.n8.nabble.com/Getting-Results-Directly-into-Excel-td574.html

Hopefully this is some help.

Michael R

Re: Direct link to leaderboard

Michal Kus
Thank you Michael!

The las one is precisely what I needed!
It's so much easier to give results now, preparing link as you instructed is not an issue at all.

I discovered name is displayed in framed leaderboard so this is just copy&paste&replace spaces with %20 and done.

I've seen post about getting CSV but the link is better because my results tend to be "alive" for a week, while I allow individual runners to complete course.

Thanks again!
Michal

Re: Direct link to leaderboard

MichaelRaz
Glad to have helped.  Tip regarding the %20 for spaces - depending on how many spaces you have you can just make the URL without the %20, paste and go in a browser and the %20's will be added automatically then copy and paste from the browser - can save trying to add a bunch of %20's into the text.

Re: Direct link to leaderboard

tweigert
Hi, I have noticed that the browser tab says "Score Results" even if it isn't Score. Is there a way to change this? Not that it matters much.

Re: Direct link to leaderboard

Hi,
Can you provide more details please. Please attach a screen-shot or a URL
Thanks

Re: Direct link to leaderboard

MichaelRaz
I think tweigert is referring to the tab in the browser when you use the direct links to results I described above.  The tab name is "Score Results" for both a point to point and ScoreO (screen shot attached), Given this is a "unofficial" method to skip the use of the console and provide direct links, I'm not sure it matters a lot and certainly not worth spending any development time on it - just my 2 cents.

Re: Direct link to leaderboard

Michael
Thanks for helping
I see it now... It looks like it is happening even when using the main "Leader Board" link from the website.
I've changed it now to "MapRun Results".

I will bump old thread instead creating a new one.
Is there a trick to provide direct link to new result system or I need to stick to old one? At first glance it seems that might not be as easy, but I'll be happy to be proven wrong.

This should provide the details you are after if I understand your question.
https://maprunners.weebly.com/access-to-results.html

Re: Direct link to leaderboard

Michal Kus
Michael, once again straight to the point and this time I am sooo embarassed, was looking within result system and console, never even thought to RTFM.

Thank you for patient reply.