Distance recorded

Simon Oxley
I'm interested in the way MapRun records the distance travelled by a runner. I'm using MapRun to track completions of a measured 10km closed circuit (Stainforth Handicap) and I have one competitor whose recorded distance is 10.6km

This is his trace which includes an extra bit to the SE of the finish. His finish seems to have been successfully recorded as his time for course is correct. However, the Distance recorded seems to include later travel after he went through the finish. Anyone know what's going on here?

Re: Distance recorded

Simon,
James was running with MapRunG. (Garmin watch).
Upon punching F1, MapRunG displays a menu which is essentially "Finish or Continue". This is to deal with the premature visit to finish issue.
So, it looks like James probably left this unanswered and so  MapRunG has continued to record his track (as a safeguard in case he later selected "Continue".)

MapRunF, cuts off any excess track before the start, but will never record track after F1 (as it always terminates upon punching F1).

We could probably do something smarter in the case of MapRunG to handle such scenarios. I'll add it to the list.

In the meantime - If the event Administrator involved wants to contact the support email address, we can send details of a new Admin tool that allows more extensive checking and editing of results ... including adjusting the distance.

Re: Distance recorded

Simon Oxley
Ah understood. Thanks Peter. I'll sent a support email and am excited to see the new tools!

Simon