Emailing a KMZ map created on your phone

Emailing a KMZ map created on your phone

Sarah Dunn
Once you have created a KMZ map from an image on your phone and saved it to your local storage, is it possible to email a copy of the file to yourself or someone else at a later stage (i.e. when you are no longer in the KMZ map creation part of the app)?

Re: Emailing a KMZ map created on your phone

Making a KMZ on the phone is a new feature introduced in version 4.8.8.

We expect to add more features in future versions, but as of version 4.8.8, you need to send the email at the time you are creating the KMZ file.

Re: Emailing a KMZ map created on your phone

MarkCh
I am now using 5.09. Has Sarah's original question been updated in a later version? I just finished creating a course on my mobile and selected the Save and email option. I entered my email address and no email arrived. So how do I send this course to another phone? Or do I have to recreate the course again? Thanks, Mark

Re: Emailing a KMZ map created on your phone

MarkCh
I have recreated the course and now realised you need to enter your email twice when you "save and email". This could do with changing so you only have to enter your email address once.

Re: Emailing a KMZ map created on your phone

Mark,

You need to email the KMZ at the time of creation. A more functional web-based version of this system will be available shortly.... so if you are creating a "serious" KMZ file that you want to re-use or share, it will be best to do that on the web. The function within the App is really intended for very simple quick start up.

In any of the places in MapRunF where you can export something to email (eg log, KMZ, KML, track), all that MapRunF does is create a draft email with an attachment in your default email system.

It's possible that different email clients have different behaviours regarding whether addresses are pre-populated or not.

If you want to confirm if an email has been sent or not... look in the sent folder of your email system on your phone. Once the draft email has been prepared, it's up to you what you do with it.... including checking recipients and pressing send.

If you can suggest a way to streamline this process, I'm happy to look at proposed enhancements.

Re: Emailing a KMZ map created on your phone

glyders
Looking forward to the web-based version.