Error Emailing checksite Track

iann
Hi,  I'm just using the Checksite functionality for the first time.
After I've finished the course I can view the resulting track but when I try and Email Track from the Results it seems that Maprun tries to open the PayPal app (gets as far as the splash screen and freezes).
I then uninstalled PayPal from my phone and tried Email Track again and now get the following MapRun error:
Error Emailing
PlatformException (not_available, No email clients found! null, null

The email app that I use on the phone I'm using for checksites is gmail.
Any ideas how to get my track file?

Regards, Ian

Re: Error Emailing checksite Track

Ian,

That's not something I've seen before. All that MapRun does is make a call to Android or iOS to open the standard email client to send the GPX file as an attachment to an email.

Generally if you are on an iPhone, you would need to be using Apple's mail system. Gmail should be fine on Android.

If you are sill having issues, please send some more details to support@maprun.net

Re: Error Emailing checksite Track

iann
Thanks Peter, I checked it with Maprun on a different phone and the email function worked on that so yes it looks as if the issue is with my Android phone settings for the email client.

Re: Error Emailing checksite Track

John
Hello

I too am getting the PlatformException(not_available, No email clients found!, null, null) error message when I try to email course checking tracks to allow me to upload the GPX files and and pins into OCAD to tweak the map.

I've done this several times in past months (and it's a great facility) andf it's worked fine but this week it just won't work despite me using the same Android phone- I have managed to export the route I followed to Strava and export a GPX file form there, so I've got my route but all of the pin locations (on control points) and notes are still not available.

Any thoughts/help gratefully received!

John

Re: Error Emailing checksite Track

John

MapRun6 makes a request to the Android Operating System to use the default Email client to send an email. This message is saying that Android can't find your email client. MapRun6 code hasn't changed in over a year, so it's possible that an update or change on your phone has broken something.

A few things to try:
- look at the settings on your phone to see if there is a problem with the setting for the default email client (This is done differently on different versions of Android, so maybe Google your specific situation)
- trying using Gmail (if that is not your default email)
- try MapRun version 7 (although this won't help exporting a track you have already recorded in MapRun6)

If you still have problems, please email the details to support@maprun.net (ie Android version, make and model of phone, the email client you are using).

Peter