Event codes clarification

alexdavey
Hi, I am having difficulties with getting the event codes right.  I am trying to set up a Score event (NOT a Scatter event!) and have used the following syntax in my kml file:

Mapname ScoreQ45.kml

with the intention of running a 45 minute Score event using the QLD scoring scheme.  Loads fine into CheckSites but when I look at the Options and Settings, it is showing as a Scatter event under Event Type.  Manually changing to Score does not work as I received a mis-punch in the results after a test run as I didn't visit all the controls (which you don't have to do in a Score event).

Is the syntax wrong?

Thanks Alex

Re: Event codes clarification

Alex

Sorry to hear of the confusion.

To quote the website: "To setup a score event for MapRun, the course file should contain “PXAS” followed by the name of a scoring scheme eg “ScoreQxx” where xx is the time in minutes. (xx can be 1 or more digits long)."

Essentially a Score event is treated as a special form of Scatter - in the sense that controls are visited in any order.

See full details at: https://maprunners.weebly.com/scoring-schemes.html

Let me know if I haven't understood the issue.

Peter