Event won't transfer

andrewk
Can anybody help.
I have a Forerunner 735XT, which worked fine in conjunction with my previous phone.  I have paired it with my new phone, checked the watch code in settings, but just can't get the watch to accept a new event.  I have checked that the bluetooth connection works OK, having sent a signal from Garmin Connect on my phone to the watch successfully, and also done a successful update and synch, yet every time I try and send the event, it says "Success!", but I'm stuck on the previous event, with nothing changing.

Re: Event won't transfer

Andrew,

Suggestions:
- make sure the watch Id in MapRun6 matches that in your watch
- send the event to the watch ... which actually just puts this event into a folder on the server for that watchId
- make sure Garmin Connect is running on your phone and your watch and phone are connected to each other (as the watch talks to the server via the phone and Garmin Connect)
- then restart MapRunG on the watch.

If this fails - please email support@maprun.net and let us know the watch Id you are using.

Re: Event won't transfer

andrewk
Email winging your way as running through that again, still sadly stuck on previous event. (I keep feeling I'm missing something obvious!).

Re: Event won't transfer

For those following this thread...
The issue was that the previous phone-watch combo used a watchId that inadvertently had a trailing space character. This was masking the new phone-watch combo which had no trailing space.
Not seen before ... but is now on the list of fixes.