Exporting results to a document

Peter Gorvett
I am hoping to be able to make a simple copy of results into Excel.  If I just copy and paste from the screen into Excel or Word, I just get a single line with all the data, but no separators.

I have read the access-to-results page, but it doesn't help me.  I have run the resultsGetPublicForEventv2, but I don't know what to do with the results.

Any suggestions, please?

Re: Exporting results to a document

Firstly, just checking you found the instructions in this document: https://maprunners.weebly.com/uploads/6/8/6/6/6866500/exporting_maprun_results_into_a_spreadsheet_v1.pdf

And also a tool from Michael Raz mentioned at the bottom of this page: https://maprunners.weebly.com/tools.html

Please let us know if you are still having issues.

Re: Exporting results to a document

Peter Gorvett
Thanks Peter

I hadn't found that before, thanks.  Your process works for me, even if it is a bit long-winded.

I tried Michael Raz's ResultsHTML.xlsm, but didn't manage to get it to grab the results from our event.

Re: Exporting results to a document

Peter,

Yes, the steps in Excel are a bit involved, but I think that's because with querying data from the web, there are many options on how to manipulate the data.

It depends what you want to do with the data, but I prefer the option to use Google Sheets, as:
- The Excel version doesn't work on Macs (even though Excel is supported)
- With the Google Sheets version, you can publish a link to your spreadsheet. This may be useful if you want to publish "Custom" results for your event (or series of events) where you have manipulated the results in the spreadsheet. (And then in MapRun 7 you can provide a link direct to your own results from within the App).

Re: Exporting results to a document

MichaelRaz
Hi Peter G

If you still want to use a spreadsheet directly (rather than the Google Sheet method) let me know.  The link in the old forum reference is not correct for some reason (I'll fix it later).  In addition, if you are using the older MapRunHTML import spreadsheet, this is for the older results method based on CSV.  Although this still works, the event name is not formatted the same way as the newer JSON results.

A JSON version is available

 https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1sMb8t4_nTuQoTo6TUNPt8g2J6dgGKY33?usp=drive_link

under MapRunJSON.zip, which includes the excel spreadsheet and some instructions. As Peter noted, this will not work with Excel for MAC as Mac Excel is missing a number of the built in libraries available in the Windows version.  I did get part way through working around this but it was too difficult without actually having a MAC (i may try again at some point).  Because it contains macros, you may need to do some extra steps to get Windows to allow it to run.
If you have any issues or questions let me know (and send me the event name).

Re: Exporting results to a document

Peter Gorvett
Thanks Michael,

That did just what I needed.

Re: Exporting results to a document

MichaelRaz
Glad it helps.  Please send me any issues or requests as it has not likely been used much so may be some issues with it.  i have an updated version almost ready to go but just had a plate put in my right collarbone (kinda shattered it mountain biking) so can only spend limited time typing or using a mouse - at least for a few more weeks - so it may be a while before I can finish it.