Finish Punch in MaprunG

NigelH
Today, I ran a "check sites" course using MapRunG. As I reached the finish I heard the watch beep to record the finish punch, and the display gave the "finish" or "continue" options as usual. Touching "finish" didn't give an immediate response, but that's the same as I usually see. On this particular occasion I wanted to check a possible map error so I immediately walked back the way I'd come rather than remaining by the finish, and after a few seconds the watch displayed "Control F1 punched" and I was able to save the run. When I looked at it on my phone, however, it appeared to end not when the fininsh control was punched but at the point the watch said F1 had been punched, some seconds later (and when I was definitely out of range of the finish). This would appear to have added time to my run; irrelevant on this occasion, but I'm bound to wonder whether it in fact happens all the time. Has anyone else noticed this?

Re: Finish Punch in MaprunG

Nigel,

Thanks for the report.
The design of MapRunG is that the punch time of the Finish is used ... even if the runner does not confirm their finish immediately.
I've not heard of cases where touching Finish does not respond immediately.

I'd be interested to hear if others are experiencing similar delays...

I'd be interested to get some more details of your case. Are you able to send the following to support@maprun.net please:
- the FIT file for your run extracted from Garmin Connect (on your PC, log in to Garmin Connect > Activities > All Activities > select the event > use the Cog (Settings) on the top right to "Export Original" > save it and email it
- Also your KML file for the course
Thanks

RE: Finish Punch in MaprunG

NigelH

Thanks Peter; I’ve sent the files as requested.

Nigel

The design of MapRunG is that the punch time of the Finish is used ... even if the runner does not confirm their finish immediately.
I've not heard of cases where touching Finish does not respond immediately.

I'd be interested to hear if others are experiencing similar delays...

I'd be interested to get some more details of your case. Are you able to send the following to [hidden email] please:
- the FIT file for your run extracted from Garmin Connect (on your PC, log in to Garmin Connect > Activities > All Activities > select the event > use the Cog (Settings) on the top right to "Export Original" > save it and email it
- Also your KML file for the course
Thanks

http://maprun.250607.n8.nabble.com/Finish-Punch-in-MaprunG-tp1164p1165.html

To unsubscribe from Finish Punch in MaprunG, click here.
NAML