Having map on phone while using map rung?

Having map on phone while using map rung?

abutterfield
Is there any way to get the map showing on the phone whilst using MapRunG? I couldn’t find any way to do this.

Re: Having map on phone while using map rung?

Eileen Young
Select GPS watch mode in the Options and Settings and then download the course to your watch.
The go to Options and Settings and turn off GPS watch mode.
Then you can use maprunF on your phone as normal ie Go To Start......
When you have finished your course go to Options and Settings and turn back on GPS Watch Mode so your results can be downloaded.

http://maprun.250607.n8.nabble.com/Having-map-on-phone-while-using-map-rung-tp903.html
To unsubscribe from MapRun, click here.
NAML

Re: Having map on phone while using map rung?

abutterfield
Hi Eileen,

Thanks, I'll check it out.

So in effect you fool the MaprunF into thinking it’s running without a watch?

Cheers, Andrew

On Thu 14 Jan 2021 at 17:49 Eileen Young [via MapRun] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Select GPS watch mode in the Options and Settings and then download the course to your watch.
The go to Options and Settings and turn off GPS watch mode.
Then you can use maprunF on your phone as normal ie Go To Start......
When you have finished your course go to Options and Settings and turn back on GPS Watch Mode so your results can be downloaded.

On Thu, 14 Jan 2021 at 17:41, abutterfield [via MapRun] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Is there any way to get the map showing on the phone whilst using MapRunG? I couldn’t find any way to do this.

http://maprun.250607.n8.nabble.com/Having-map-on-phone-while-using-map-rung-tp903.html
To unsubscribe from MapRun, click here.
NAML

http://maprun.250607.n8.nabble.com/Having-map-on-phone-while-using-map-rung-tp903p904.html
To unsubscribe from Having map on phone while using map rung?, click here.
NAML
Andrew Butterfield
Dublin, Ireland

Re: Having map on phone while using map rung?

MichaelRaz
I do this fairly often as a backup especially when double checking courses/controls (you can do it with Check Site as well).  I would not say it is being fooled as it is actually running two "separate" events at the same time.  This also means that you will end up with two different event results so I would suggest you turn off automatic uploads so you can use your watch for the results, but, if a problem with the MapRunG results occur, you can upload the phone results (or other way around).  Assuming no issues with GPS, I generally get a punch at a very similar (not not exactly) time on both the watch and phone.  I do not however generally use the map on the phone unless doing a Check Site and something is wrong.  Also realized that, with MapRunG, if Garmin Connect on the phone is set up for audio laps, you get the audio lap indication from the phone each punch (lap) although the corresponding number is out (S1 punch is lap 1 so control 1 is lap 2 - still handy incase you don't see/feel the watch indicator).