Hiding results and routes until an event is closed

Hiding results and routes until an event is closed

pfoulkes
Hi
During these socially distancing times, we have been running events where people have a week or a month to do the event in their own time.

This has worked quite well, but one of our regular orienteers has pointed out that it is possible to view other people's routes and scores before doing your own event.  This can influence how you run your own route, so people who run later have an advantage.

Would it be possible to hide other people's routes and scores until the competitive period for an event has closed?

E.g. if an event was available for people to run competitively from 11-17 Oct, anyone running that event would only see their own route and score.  Then from 18 Oct onwards, all routes and scores would be viewable.
It would still be possible to run the event from 18 Oct onwards, but runs would not be competitive.

Re: Hiding results and routes until an event is closed

Peter,

Thanks for the query.

1. It's not available at present, and would require a change to the system, both both in the Admin System and the Results Display System.
2. The current focus, development-wise, is on back office functionality, which has become more important with the huge rise in numbers of local admins.
3. I’ll add this to the list of potential enhancements, but at this stage I’ve had only one other request along these lines.
4. The best way to achieve this currently, if an organiser is particularly concerned, would be to disable auto-upload of results, and ask runners to do a manual upload at some later date, maybe sending them a reminder.

Peter