How to see tracks from other competitors

How to see tracks from other competitors

Julien leduc
Hi everyone,
After running an event I can't enter the 4 digit pin code with my samsung FE 20 to see the tracks from other competitors. There is no keypad display.
Is it a known problem?
I already have desinstalled/reinstalled maprun6.
Thank you

Re: How to see tracks from other competitors

Julien,

Maybe something to do with a particular version of Android(??)

Try the new results system at: results.maprun.net

Re: How to see tracks from other competitors

Julien leduc
it works.
Thank you. I didn't know about the website.
Julien

Re: How to see tracks from other competitors

pauladdison

I am having the same problem as Julien, I can't view tracks on my mobile, Sony Xperia.

I can't enter the 4 digit pin code to see the tracks from other competitors. There is no keypad display

This hasn't been an issue before. I can see the tracks on a pc and enter the pin.

Is there a solution to see the tracks from within MapRun6 without navigating to the new results site??

Paul

Re: How to see tracks from other competitors

Paul,

MapRun6 code hasn't been changed in a long time. So I'm thinking this is a problem unique to particular variants of Android. (maybe with later versions of Android)

No further updates are being made to MapRun6. You could try this on MapRun version 7 and let us know if there is still an issue.

Re: How to see tracks from other competitors

pauladdison
Peter

Just downloaded the MapRun v7 and the keypad appears and I can enter the pin code and all works well.

I've had a look at settings and restarted the phone but still no keypad in MapRun6. Very odd!

Paul

Re: How to see tracks from other competitors

pauladdison
Peter

The keypad appears okay on my wife's Samsung using MapRun6.

Paul

Re: How to see tracks from other competitors

Paul,

That's all as expected.

I suspect that the version of Android on your phone is different to that of your wife's phone.

MapRun version 7 uses later (and hopefully better) software libraries.

Re: How to see tracks from other competitors

pauladdison
Peter

Thanks, I'll encourage MapRun v7 for Android users.

As always, thanks for your quick responses, appreciated.

Paul

Re: How to see tracks from other competitors

Paul,

For reference are you able to post here what version of Android you are using please.

Re: How to see tracks from other competitors

pauladdison
Android version 12
Security update: 01/05/2022
Google play system update: 01/02/2023
Baseband version: nicobar.gen.prodQ-00004-32
Kernal version: 4.14.190-perf+    #1 Mon May 23 01:02:20 JST 2022
Build number: 59.2.A.0.463

When using a pin to see the competitor tracks the keypad always appeared. I guess the change has occurred in the recent past?

Regards

Paul

Re: How to see tracks from other competitors

Paul,

Thanks for the details.

I'd say there has been a software upgrade on your phone recently that has introduced an incompatibility. MapRun6 hasn't changed for over a year, but as new versions of Android come along, it will be necessary to change over to MapRun version 7 to be compatible.

Regards

Peter