How to update the KMZ/map file for an active event

How to update the KMZ/map file for an active event

ericconcannon
Can anyone point me to the right place to do this if it's possible? I've hunted around the admin portal, but can't seem to find a way to do this. There are a few mapping errors, but no change to the course (kml) data), so just revising the map and changing it in the event seems like a reasonable way to proceed.

Re: How to update the KMZ/map file for an active event

Eric,

We don't currently have an edit function that allows you to change either the KMZ or KML files for an existing event.

You could delete the event and recreate it with the same event name (ie same KML file name). The existing results will connect to this "new" version of the event. The only side-effect I can think of is, if you are using an old-style MapRunLink (ie the one for MapRun6, instead of the newer one for MapRun (v7+)), these links will change when you re-publish the event.

Let us know if you have questions/issues.

Re: How to update the KMZ/map file for an active event

ericconcannon
Thanks, Peter. That sounds like a fine solution; appreciate that it's possible without semi-crazy coding. Used MapRun7 for the original and will for the update, so seems like it ought to work out cleanly.