Is it possible to open the dates of a Map Run for access to the course?

Is it possible to open the dates of a Map Run for access to the course?

DAllen
I want to access the Riverton Duckpond Map Run but the final closure calendar date is preventing access. Is there any way of accessing this course or completing a duplicate course?

Re: Is it possible to open the dates of a Map Run for access to the course?

MichaelRaz
The administrator (person who put the event up) can edit the date range of an event through the console.  If this is not 'your' event you need to contact the administrator. Lots of reason why a course might have an end date: default settings, land permissions, formal event (results), map becoming inaccurate, etc.

Re: Is it possible to open the dates of a Map Run for access to the course?

DAllen
Thankyou for your response. The map area has remained unchanged.

Re: Is it possible to open the dates of a Map Run for access to the course?

MichaelRaz
That was only an example.  The main point is that the person with the account for putting up the event is the one who needs to make changes as he/she is the one who has all the information needed to make a decision on a change - not  MapRun support (although I shouldn't be speaking for them) or others.  Hopefully you can contact the local administrator and see if he/she can extend the date or put up a new one (or just a CheckSite for you).

Re: Is it possible to open the dates of a Map Run for access to the course?

Michael is correct, it's up to the local Admin as to the duration of access.
If you reach out the Orienteering South Australia, I expect this can be resolved one way or the other.
Peter