MapRunView is a companion App used to view live tracking from MapRunF.
It is not a published App and so is not generally available.
A few points about live tracking:
- Live tracking is turned off by default in MapRunF
- An organiser can turn on live tracking for an event in the MapRunF settings.
- The organiser would need a copy of the MapRunF App and an associated login account
- Runners locations are shown in almost real-time, provided that the runner has mobile data and is connected
- Live tracking is meant mainly for safety (not for public display).
- Live tracking is locked down in this way for confidentiality (in the case of a competitive event) and privacy reasons.
- Live tracking has been tested by a small number of organisers.
If organisers would like explore this further, they should contact the support email address.
Thanks Peter, sounds good. I had a 40km event yesterday and thought it would be good to keep track of where people were, especially as the mountain rescue teams here are currently on reduced capability.
I also discovered that this length of event is stretching the limit of phone batteries for MapRun. Mine was the only one that recorded a full track. That made me think: if someone's phone died part way round, presumably live tracking would at least show the last place they were seen?