Making maps for MapRun in QGIS

paulguard
Hi all,
I have been using QGIS for rogaine map creation and thought I would share the method I use to generate KMZ and KML files for use in MapRun here.

Here is a video outlining the steps for producing a KMZ map file that can be uploaded to CheckSites:
https://youtu.be/e-k1qLw1rOY

And here's one showing how to export the course KML file:
https://youtu.be/SPVlZu2V3q4

Let me know if I've left anything out or if you have better methods.

Cheers, Paul

Re: Making maps for MapRun in QGIS

paulguard
A bit off-topic, but I also made a video describing how to add magnetic north lines to a map in QGIS:
https://youtu.be/Yecuw5n8zIk