MapRun 7 doesn't work

Tamati
My wife, I and several other competitors could not get MapRun (7) to work last night at an event held by Orienteering Waikato.  We both went through the normal selection of event process then 'Go to Start' inserted the PIN number, I put the mob in my pouch and proceeded to participate.  When I opened the MapRun following the finish there is nothing recorded.  We won't use MapRun (7) again until we get MapRun's assurance that this will not happen again.  We have lost some confidence in this app.

Re: MapRun 7 doesn't work

Sorry to hear of the issue.

MapRun 7 is used hundreds of times a day without problem, so we are confident there is no systemic problem.

It is important to make sure you get a punch of the Start control. So it is best to keep your phone where you can interact with it ... particularly to confirm the Start punch.

If this was in an organised event, it's good if this was your first use of MapRun, to talk to others at the event  to get local support ... for example, maybe you didn't give MapRun permissions to track your location.

Anyway, give it another go at another event, and check for a Start punch.

Re: MapRun 7 doesn't work

Tamati
Thanks Peter Effeney

I can’t reply to your email.

I have used MapRun versions many times, ever since O Waikato first got MapRun.

With the 6 version I didn’t encounter this issue.  Also my wife and others had problems on Wednesday evening. She went to back to the start and with the starter, tried a second time without success.
I can’t see any difference with permissions on 6 or 7 - both still loaded on my phone.
7 seemed to me more difficult to load, than my memory of 6 and previous.

I (we) will try 7 again next week and let you know how it goes.

Best regards
Tom (Tamati)