MapRun Upload Challenges

sheldec
Hello Everyone,

Has anyone encountered this error before?

Error Creating Event ProcessException

Here's a screenshot of the full message for one course.

Full Text of Error Report

...and the other one:

If the upload process was failing for every course I was uploading, I would assume I had gooned something.

However, prior to these failures, I had just uploaded three courses:  a Line O / a Score O / another Line O without incident.

The event names and Map Names parallel each other.  Examples:
-- Course : qocPatHiltonBlue PXAC PZ.kml
-- Map : qocPatHiltonBlue PXAC PZ.kmz

All files passed review in Google Earth prior to my attempt to upload them.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Craig

Re: MapRun Upload Challenges

Craig
Try again now ... I've restarted some processes on the server that looked to be hung.

Re: MapRun Upload Challenges

sheldec
Thanks Peter,

That seems to have done the trick.

One event uploaded successfully.  Will try the others in the next few minutes and let you know.

Thanks!
All my best,
Craig

http://maprun.250607.n8.nabble.com/MapRun-Upload-Challenges-tp1151p1152.html
To unsubscribe from MapRun Upload Challenges, click here.
NAML

Re: MapRun Upload Challenges

sheldec
...but when trying the next upload - had a different error code.

See attached.

best,
Craig

OrangeFailText.png (198K) Download Attachment

Re: MapRun Upload Challenges

sheldec
Hmmm... closing the browser tab for MapRun Admin Console and opening it fresh might have helped... success on the second attempt after closing browser tab and reopening.

Will see if that's a consistent workaround.
best,
Craig

On Thu, Apr 29, 2021 at 1:06 AM sheldec [via MapRun] <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

http://maprun.250607.n8.nabble.com/MapRun-Upload-Challenges-tp1151p1154.html
To unsubscribe from MapRun Upload Challenges, click here.
NAML

Re: MapRun Upload Challenges

Normally that's due to not having a rotation tag in your KMZ file.

Re: MapRun Upload Challenges

sheldec
Thanks Peter,

I've never deliberately set a rotation tag in the .kmz file.. although it is coming in from OCAD already aligned to Magnetic North from our Map Librarian / Custodian.... and on the second upload attempt for the Orange course things worked as expected following the browser window close and reopen.

Similarly, Yellow and White were good to go after a browser tab close and reopen.

Using Chrome, if it matters.

Thanks again for your really quick help and feedback on this.

All my best,
Craig

http://maprun.250607.n8.nabble.com/MapRun-Upload-Challenges-tp1151p1156.html
To unsubscribe from MapRun Upload Challenges, click here.
NAML

Re: MapRun Upload Challenges

Craig,

Not sure what happened…. I was up the wrong path … now checked the details of the error message you gave me … It was having problems with a Lat/Lng of a control on the course… but may have been something transient due to the restart of the processes.

Peter

On Thu, Apr 29, 2021 at 1:10 AM sheldec [via MapRun] <<a href="x-msg://140/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=1157&amp;i=0" target="_top" rel="nofollow" link="external" class="">[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

http://maprun.250607.n8.nabble.com/MapRun-Upload-Challenges-tp1151p1157.html
To start a new topic under MapRun, [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from MapRun, click here.
NAML

Re: MapRun Upload Challenges

sheldec
Peter,

Thanks again -- I am good to go for now.  My guess... some sort of file upload garble.

It may never happen again.

All my best,
Craig

http://maprun.250607.n8.nabble.com/MapRun-Upload-Challenges-tp1151p1158.html