MapRun v7.4.0 on iPhone - Error logging into Garmin (to use Garmin Watch)

MapRun v7.4.0 on iPhone - Error logging into Garmin (to use Garmin Watch)

We appear to have a bug in MapRun v7.4.0 on iPhone (not Android) that means the user can't login to Garmin to use MapRunG on their Garmin Watch.

We are working to resolve this issue.

The sequence of screen you see when trying to Login to Garmin (in Options and Settings) is:

Please post here if you have anything to add/assist.

Re: MapRun v7.4.0 on iPhone - Error logging into Garmin (to use Garmin Watch)

pfoulkes
Hi Peter
I am having a problem which looks like the problem you are describing.
I haven't been able to get MapRun events on my watch for a few weeks.  I think the last time I successfully used MapRunG was about a month ago.
I didn't persevere until today because I've not needed it recently.  However I do want to use it soon.
I tried re-entering my Garmin code, that didn't fix it.
I tried disconnecting and reconnecting.  I tried turning both phone and watch off and back on.
Nothing has helped - if anything it's got a bit worse.
Now if I try to select Garmin Watch Mode in MapRun and leave the settings page, I get:

Watch Mode Error
If Garmin Watch Mode is On, you need to have:

I have the "Garmin Login" option, but that has the result you describe, ending with "{"status":"Got it OK thanks"}

I'm not able to leave the settings page with Garmin Watch mode on.
After trying various things, I looked online and I spotted your post.
What you describe looks a lot like my problem.

One thing that may be relevant is that my Garmin Connect screen changed fairly recently (nothing I did, just an App update presumably).
I don't think I have used MapRunG since the Garmin Connect screen changed.

If you have any suggested solutions, I am happy to try them.
Regards

Re: MapRun v7.4.0 on iPhone - Error logging into Garmin (to use Garmin Watch)

Yes - that is the same issue. We are working on a fix.

But, what it means is that you can't log in to Garmin from MapRun 7.4.0.
That means you can't get into "Watch Mode".

This is only affecting iPhones.

Hopefully we will have a fix in the next week.

Regards

Re: MapRun v7.4.0 on iPhone - Error logging into Garmin (to use Garmin Watch)

pfoulkes
OK, great, thanks Peter.
I'll await the fix :-)
Let me know if you need an extra person to test it when you have  fix.
Regards
Peter
wal

Re: MapRun v7.4.0 on iPhone - Error logging into Garmin (to use Garmin Watch)

wal
Hi Peter,

Thank you for working on this problem. We are with the same issue.

Best Regards

Wal

Re: MapRun v7.4.0 on iPhone - Error logging into Garmin (to use Garmin Watch)

Colleagues,

We have now released MapRun v7.4.2 for iPhones that contains a fix for this issue.

Please upgrade and let us know if you have any issues.

Re: MapRun v7.4.0 on iPhone - Error logging into Garmin (to use Garmin Watch)

pfoulkes
Hi Peter
Thanks for the fix.
I've just done a quick test and it works for me .
I had to turn off my watch and restart it to get it working but it seems to work fine.
Thanks!
Regards
Peter