MapRunG - can’t get a new course to transfer to Garmin

MapRunG - can’t get a new course to transfer to Garmin

Ilana
Hi, I did my first MapRun successfully a few weeks ago, but now can’t load a new one to my Garmin (forerunner 945).  I load it ok on the phone on MapRunF, then tap Send Event to my Garmin Watch  - it says Success etc but then in the log it says there’s an error, and opening MRG on the Garmin only my first course finishing page is there.  I can’t seem to get rid of that.  Is there any way other than uninstalling everything and starting again?
I did even have problems getting that far, as my Garmin wasn’t recognised at all.  Looking at this forum a few ppl had similar prob resolved by redoing the Garmin connection, which did seem to work, but clearly not completely.  Thanks ever so for any advice.

Re: MapRunG - can’t get a new course to transfer to Garmin

Hi

If you are still having problems please:
- recheck the WatchID in MapRunF is the same as on your Watch
- Make sure your watch is connected to the your phone and your phone is online
- Make sure Garmin Connect is running on your phone and confirm that you can sync your watch to Garmin Connect.
- If all that is OK, then try restarting MapRunG on your watch.

- If you still have problems after that, email details to support@mapun.net (include WatchId, User Name, Event Name)

Re: MapRunG - can’t get a new course to transfer to Garmin

Ilana
Dear Peter
Thank you for your reply.  I have done all of those steps below and still doing the same thing - going to the end of the first MapRun I tried.
Then bizarrely, a completely new Watch ID came up when I tried MapRunG on the Garmin again - 992171286, whereas before it was 3302796010.  I have tried changing it on MapRunF to match.  Again it says Success but now the Garmin is stuck at a “start up” screen.
I’d be grateful for any help.
Thank you
Ilana Wigfield (also user name)
Event southstokejan2021 PZ0608012021

Sent from my iPad

On 15 Jan 2021, at 00:39, Peter Effeney [via MapRun] <[hidden email]> wrote:

 Hi

If you are still having problems please:
- recheck the WatchID in MapRunF is the same as on your Watch
- Make sure your watch is connected to the your phone and your phone is online
- Make sure Garmin Connect is running on your phone and confirm that you can sync your watch to Garmin Connect.
- If all that is OK, then try restarting MapRunG on your watch.

- If you still have problems after that, email details to [hidden email] (include WatchId, User Name, Event Name)

http://maprun.250607.n8.nabble.com/MapRunG-can-t-get-a-new-course-to-transfer-to-Garmin-tp880p909.html
To unsubscribe from MapRunG - can’t get a new course to transfer to Garmin, click here.
NAML