MapRunG results upload without track

Ashleigh
This post was updated on .
Hello
Results all correct but no track. Track appears on Garmin Connect fine. Tried Upload (Manual) but this did not resolve it. Strangely also had 2 identical copies on MapRunF and on the results. I deleted one copy but still both showing on results.
Course UK Gloucestershire Cheltenham 18-19 Winter 6 Leckhampton PZ1907032019 PXAS ScoreN60
Run on 22/11/2020
Any ideas how to correct?
Thanks
Ashleigh

Re: MapRunG results upload without track

Ashleigh
Now uploaded, maybe I just needed to be patient?

Re: MapRunG results upload without track

Ashleigh

The way it works, is that you "Get Track from Garmin" to pull a track from Garmin Connect. MapRunF converts this into a result and track file. These should be auto-uploaded, if that's the setting for that event. You can also do a Manual upload, which normally simply overwrites any original upload.

If you get the track multiple times from Garmin, then you will probably get multiple results.

Deleting tracks from you phone doesn't change uploaded results.

Your local MapRun Administrator (the event organiser) can delete and edit results.

Re: MapRunG results upload without track

Ashleigh
Hello Peter
Thanks for the explanation.
I did another MapRun today and have the same problem i.e. ran with MapRunG on Garmin watch, synced watch with Garmin Connect, opened MapRunF on phone and uploaded track from Garmin. I can see track and controls visited on MapRunF but when I go to All Results for this Event my result is there but there is no track link.
http://p.fne.com.au/rg/cgi-bin/SelectResultFileForSplitsBrowserFiltered.cgi?act=fileToSplitsBrowser&eventName=ScoreResults_MR+Hatherley+PXAS+ScoreQ60.csv

I am confused as to why all my details bar the track are visible on the results...
Ashleigh

Re: MapRunG results upload without track

Ashleigh,

This latest matter is not related to MapRunG (or your Garmin watch).

The event you ran in was originally published in 2018 and hasn't had much activity recently. It is certainly still available to run in, but some of the older events have had their "RouteGadget" archived ... ie the display of all tracks for that event.

You may have noticed that even the other results that had a "Track" link didn't work... as the RouteGadget they point to has been removed.

You can still see your own track if you run in an old event by looking at your track on your phone.

Anyway, archived events can be restored if needed. I've restored the event: MR Hatherley PXAS ScoreQ60 (from 18 Jan 2018) and refreshed the results.

All tracks should display OK now (including your own).

Re: MapRunG results upload without track

Ashleigh
Thanks Peter. That explains it and all now as expected. I hadn’t done anything different to usual so I was perplexed.
I’m not aware of having had this issue before but possibly all the events I have run of later have been newer ones. The same happened for the original event I mentioned in this string which is very new but the track appeared in the results when I next checked after a few days.
Thank you so much for all the time you put in creating and developing MapRun. It is a fantastic application of technology for which I am most grateful.
Ashleigh

Sent from my iPhone

http://maprun.250607.n8.nabble.com/MapRunG-results-upload-without-track-tp768p801.html
To unsubscribe from MapRunG results upload without track, click here.
NAML

Re: MapRunG results upload without track

Ashleigh

Thanks for the feedback and kind words

Regards

Peter

On 7 Dec 2020, at 03:51, Peter Effeney [via MapRun] <<a href="x-msg://23/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=802&amp;i=0" target="_top" rel="nofollow" link="external" class="">[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

http://maprun.250607.n8.nabble.com/MapRunG-results-upload-without-track-tp768p802.html
To start a new topic under MapRun, [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from MapRun, click here.
NAML

Re: MapRunG results upload without track

StephenB
Peter Effeney wrote
The event you ran in was originally published in 2018 and hasn't had much activity recently. It is certainly still available to run in, but some of the older events have had their "RouteGadget" archived ... ie the display of all tracks for that event.

You may have noticed that even the other results that had a "Track" link didn't work... as the RouteGadget they point to has been removed.

You can still see your own track if you run in an old event by looking at your track on your phone.

Anyway, archived events can be restored if needed.
What's the criteria for archiving? Our Bar Hill PZ1708052019 PXAS ScoreN45 (May 2019) now no longer adds new tracks, yet has had a steady stream of participants. After running yesterday I tried twice (as I was having phone signal problems when I did immediately after the event, so assume it was that), then attempted to delete the second upload from the admin page. The CSV and GPX have been deleted, but both upload attempts are still shown in the results. Attempting to refresh the results gives the error:

Cannot open ../kartat/archive.zip eventid: 1820 Event: 2019-05-08 Bar Hill PZ1708052019 PXAS ScoreN45 at UpdateRGEventwithGPSTrack.pm line 353.

Can this event be restored please? Is a workaround to delete the event and re-upload with the original files and refresh the results?

Re: MapRunG results upload without track

Stephen,

Event restored. Please check it - it is only showing 12 results since May 2019.

The criteria for archiving at the moment is something like: Archive old stuff to try and keep the system coping with a Covid-induced x10 factor in usage. (on a service with limited resources and supported only be grants/donations)!

Events (even after archiving) are still available to be run in, it's just that the RouteGadget display of track is no longer available (are results refresh fails).

There is not a lot of sophistication with this, the event in question was number 1,820 and the current events are now numbered 11,000+.

We've been discussing archival strategies with Pat and others. Version 6 of MapRun includes date ranges on events (when created in the Admin Console). This will allow separation of "permanent" courses from normal events (and some other features).

The work-around you mention should be fine for other similar cases:
- delete the old event
- (maybe check for any map updates etc)
- recreate it with the same name (if you want to keep adding to the original set of results)
- refresh results.

It's lost all the results from May 2019 to July 2020. The results were there before the restore, just routegadget and tracks did not work.

Re: MapRunG results upload without track

Stephen,

Sorry - my mistake - restoring and refreshing the results also needs me to restore the original results.

Should be fine now.

Peter