Maprun6 not registering controls when phone sleeps

Maprun6 not registering controls when phone sleeps

Mark Adams
When I started using MaprunF I found I needed to give the app location access "always" (not just "when in use") so that it registered controls after the phone went to sleep.
Now I've started using Maprun6.
On my phone (Google Pixel 3a) there is no "always" location permission offered for this version of the app. I assumed this was due to some enhancement and that it would have no trouble registering controls once the phone had gone to sleep. For my first couple of uses of Maprun6 this is what happened. Then yesterday, after no permissions changes, it didn't work. I had to get the phone out and wake it up at each control.
Any suggestions gratefully received. Has anyone seen this behaviour?

Re: Maprun6 not registering controls when phone sleeps

Mark,

MapRun6 uses the latest versions of geo-location software libraries and addresses some requirements Google have introduced about background tracking.

We've not had other reports of issues... and MapRun6 has made tracking more reliable even on problematic phone brands/models.

Having said that, all Android manufacturers like to try to extend battery life by restricting Apps from running in the background. The general advice for handling this is: http://maprunners.weebly.com/phone-settings.html

In particular for a Google Pixel, this recommends checking: Settings > Apps > MapRun6 > Advanced > Battery > Background restrictions.

Let us know if you still have problems.

Peter