No beeps, no run recorded

Tom Barkas
Two of us downloaded the map (1 person long course, 1 short) and put in the codes and had the course on the phone display. Go to Start gave a nice red line to the Start, but there was no beep at the start or at any control and the runs weren't recorded. Any ideas?

Re: No beeps, no run recorded

Tom,

We'd need more information to answer your question.
- Source of the event (your own private event or a published event)?
- Name of the event
- Phone details and is MapRun newly installed? Or have you used it before? What version of MapRun?

Re: No beeps, no run recorded

Tom Barkas
Not sure what source means - i go to UK/Cumbria/south in the app and downloaded Bethecar Moor SHORTV2 LOC (friend downloaded the Long version).
My phone is a Redmi Note 9, don't know what his is. MapRunF has been on my phone a while, his is fairly newly installed. I suspect my previous two successful runs may have been on my previous phone, a Samsung A70.
MapRunF 5.0.9

When we got back, i read a post somewhere and checked Permissions for MaprunF - location was allowed, but storage denied. Might this explain it?

Re: No beeps, no run recorded

That could be the issue.
But I also notice that the Short Event has no results against it, so I can't be sure there isn't an issue with the setup of the event.
It's probably best to contact the local club who have setup the event and get some local assistance.
If you don't know who to contact, email support@maprun.net and we'll pass on a contact email address (rather than posting it publicly here on the Forum),

Re: No beeps, no run recorded

Tom Barkas
Hi Peter,  I wouldn't be surprised if no one has done the short, as there is not much difference in distance between them and the Long is a better course.

I've already contacted the person at LOC who sets them up and he hasn't come up with a solution. I'll change the Permissions for the app and try a local course. If that works, I'll switch them back to check this is the problem. Then maybe i can get back ti the good one (Bethecar) before the bracken gets too deep (pretty soon).

I'll report back

Re: No beeps, no run recorded

Tom Barkas
Fiding round with permissions for storage and location (always or when using app) and not yet getting consistent results (using a local map).  What does it mean when i get the red bar at the bottom of the screen?

How do i put the screenshot here?

Re: No beeps, no run recorded

MichaelRaz
The red bar indicates no location/GPS information.  If you are playing around inside with no sky view it is not completely unexpected.  If outside then may be an issue with location services. You should also check that the settings are correct for GPS punching (although unlikely they are off).  Also, you can view the location log - third view option along the top (left to right Map, Time/Pinch and log.

Re: No beeps, no run recorded

Tom Barkas
This post was updated on .
This was outside on a course just before the Start - no obvious reason why it happened sometimes and not others out of, say, 6 sessions. I know that at least two of the times i had no beep at the Start and no Go to Start trace showed this red bar, but don't know if there was an absolute correlation. Will work on it tomorrow, but no idea why I'd sometimes have no GPS but have it at others at the same point.
Other mapping things, such as Memory Map and Viewranger, seem OK.

Re: No beeps, no run recorded

MapRun6 improves on MapRunF. One area of enhancement has been location services. I'd recommend upgrading if you haven't already. Peter

Re: No beeps, no run recorded

Tom Barkas
Thanks, Peter. I've downloaded it and will give it a go, but first I'll see if i can make sense of the problem I'm having on F - I don't like mysteries 😀