Odd individual run error

Justin farhall
We have had a runner at our last 2 summer events who hasn't been able to record a result and I can't work out the issue.

He is running with the latest version of MapRun G and MapRun7 I believe.

I wasn't there to witness him starting but believe his course started ok on the watch. I am not sure if controls beeped on his watch when he run. The app doesn't record any time or controls visited and on the results shows 'Save' in the controls list.

Oddly, his entire route appears on his Garmin connect on his phone and all the controls he visited (including S1 and F1) show in the events validation, but I can't do manual Admin HITMO as I don't know his time.

The event ID of last night's event is 29838.

Any help of what he needs to do for next event?

Re: Odd individual run error

Justin

Are you able to email some more details to support@maprun.net please. I think we may already be investigating this occurrence, but if you could let us know the runner's name, we can confirm or otherwise.

If you (or the runner) has a track (GPX file), they can get a result using GPS Track Upload: https://console.maprun.net/#/gps_track_upload.

If the runner didn't register any punches, a possible explanation is that the have the wrong event downloaded to their watch. It is important that runners check that they get a punch at Start, otherwise, nothing else will punch and there won't be a result. If they are at the start and not getting a punch, it could be that they have the wrong event loaded on their watch (with a start location somewhere else). Or at least this is a key check to make sure that all is working well before running off on the course.

If the runner hasn't used MapRunG again, they could start the App on their watch and see the name of the event to confirm this.

Otherwise ... all I can suggest is the usual IT fixes ... restart the Watch .. maybe reinstall MapRunG...

But please send the runners name to support@maprun.net.

Peter