PINs (Access Codes) - Permanent and Expiring

PINs (Access Codes) - Permanent and Expiring

Events can be published to the server, but kept confidential until the organiser desires.

An Event is locked with a 4-digit PIN, by including the code "PZ" in the event name (that is, the KML file name for a published event).

If a PIN is set it means that the event can still be selected and therefore downloaded to a phone in preparation for a run - but it can't be displayed without entering a 4-digit PIN.

The results system (RouteGadget) is also locked, so that the course cannot be viewed in the results system.

PINs can be permanent or expiring.

If you have an event scheduled for a particular date, an expiring PIN is recommended so that the event then becomes open for use after that time (without the PIN being required) and so that the results become viewable without knowing the PIN.

If you are publishing an informal event or a Permanent Course, PIN's are not normally used.

See more details at: http://maprunners.weebly.com/pins---details.html

Re: PINs (Access Codes) - Permanent and Expiring

Fdixon
Hi,  any chance of removing the pin for the NSW > Sydney > West Pymble courses. These are all very close to where I live and it would be great to be able to do these.

Re: PINs (Access Codes) - Permanent and Expiring

MichaelRaz
FDixon, I would suggest you contact the club(s) that put up the particular events and check with them.  I'm the MapRun admin guy for my club and we (as do other clubs) use PINs for specific reasons.  Perhaps we can only allow, for insurance issues, club members to run the events.  There may be land use restrictions that set an end date for an event (or a limited window).  Some events are deemed more competitive than others so not considered permanent events but run for a short period only.  There may have been fees attached to the event.  I'm sure there are more reasons.

Unless the events you are looking at are "owned" by the MapRunF crew, contact the club(s) who set them up and see what they can do to give you access.

Re: PINs (Access Codes) - Permanent and Expiring

Fdixon
Thanks for the reply Michael.

Would you know who or which club put these events up?

On Tuesday, December 29, 2020, MichaelRaz [via MapRun] <[hidden email]> wrote:
FDixon, I would suggest you contact the club(s) that put up the particular events and check with them.  I'm the MapRun admin guy for my club and we (as do other clubs) use PINs for specific reasons.  Perhaps we can only allow, for insurance issues, club members to run the events.  There may be land use restrictions that set an end date for an event (or a limited window).  Some events are deemed more competitive than others so not considered permanent events but run for a short period only.  There may have been fees attached to the event.  I'm sure there are more reasons.

Unless the events you are looking at are "owned" by the MapRunF crew, contact the club(s) who set them up and see what they can do to give you access.

http://maprun.250607.n8.nabble.com/PINs-Access-Codes-Permanent-and-Expiring-tp180p840.html
To unsubscribe from PINs (Access Codes) - Permanent and Expiring, click here.
NAML

--
Best Regards

Fergus Dixon
T: 02 9482 4973
M: 0413 139 408

Re: PINs (Access Codes) - Permanent and Expiring

Hamish Mackie
Fergus,

I put them up on behalf of ONSW and they are currently being tested. I will email you the codes so you can help test them.

Hamish

Re: PINs (Access Codes) - Permanent and Expiring

Fdixon
Hi Hamish

That would be excellent, thanks. I am In Hornsby so West Pymble is very close. My email address is [hidden email]. Thanks

http://maprun.250607.n8.nabble.com/PINs-Access-Codes-Permanent-and-Expiring-tp180p853.html

T: 02 9482 4973
M: 0413 139 408

Re: PINs (Access Codes) - Permanent and Expiring

Fdixon
Hi Hamish

Thanks again for the codes. I passed them onto some friends who have also done some of the courses now. I tried to match some of your times on the courses but now realise you are much faster than me.

Are there new codes for some of the courses? Someone mentioned that recently. Would it be possible to have access to the new codes? Thanks again

http://maprun.250607.n8.nabble.com/PINs-Access-Codes-Permanent-and-Expiring-tp180p856.html