Pin Code and GPS Track Upload

paddison
Hi

I set a permanent pin code (PZ PXAS Score Score N180) for a course. Ran the course to test it. All went well using automatic upload with MapRunF on my mobile.

Attempted to upload a gpx file from my watch with another name. Several times.
Each time the upload succeeds but the result is 0 points. Is this an issue caused by the pin?

Re: Pin Code and GPS Track Upload

Codes in the event name need to precisely follow the specification.

Score<space>N180 will not be treated as a ScoreN180 event.

You should notice if you open this event in MapRunF, there is no time-limit as the event will be treated as a default PXAS (scatter) course.

Re: Pin Code and GPS Track Upload

paddison
Peter

I've checked the code and it is correct PZ PXAS ScoreN180 without a space.

I've attempted to upload several tracks which have all produced 0 points. The track and result uploads but with 0 points.

Could it be that I am applying the ScoreNxx incorrectly. I have not used a continuous sequence from 1 for the 20 controls used.

Thanks  Paul

Re: Pin Code and GPS Track Upload

paddison
I've just realised that cannot be the reason because it recorded two results correctly using MapRunF on two mobiles.

Puzzled?

Re: Pin Code and GPS Track Upload

Paul

Sorry, I took you literally that you were using the name you had in your post and that the event was not being scored.

Are you referring to the event: Raid Pulse 3h 2020 PXAS PZ1512092020 ScoreN180? If so, it is coded correctly and there are valid scores uploaded.

So if the issue is restricted to GPS track uploads, the answer is simple. Scoring is done in the MapRun/MapRunF App. It has the logic to interpret the different score codes and apply the appropriate values/rules.

The GPS track upload doesn't know about scoring. You need to upload the track and then manually determine the score and edit the result to enter this score value. (Gross and Net).

Future versions of the GPS track upload will implement scoring.

Sorry I mis-understood the original question ... and let me know if I'm still not understanding the issue.

Re: Pin Code and GPS Track Upload

paddison
Peter

Thanks, that explains the problem.

I have used ScoreVxx successfully and when uploading a .gpx file the points are calculated automatically.

I was expecting the same to happen with ScoreNxx but the points were always 0.

I thought it was my mistake, your explanation helps.

Your time is appreciated.

Paul