Private event

Michele Krome
I have created a private event on my Ipad but want to be able to use it on my phone.  I used save and email when I created the event and I have saved the kml file on my Android phone on the sd card in what I believe is the correct location - Android/data/au.com.fne.maprunf/files  - I had to create a folder called Events and then I created a folder called Michele where I put the kml file.

When i try to upload the event to my phone it says no events found in the import folder.  So obviously I am doing something wrong.  Any suggestions please.  (Sorry very new to this)

Re: Private event

Michele,

It can be tricky to find the right folder as different versions/models/brands of Android Phones do it differently.

The easiest way is to upload your kml file as a Checksites event - This will give you a confidential 6-digit code that you can use to open the event on any device. (and you don't need to copy the file into a mysterious folder on your Android).

See: http://maprunners.weebly.com/maprunf---checksites.html

Regards

Re: Private event

Michele Krome
Thanks Peter

I will give it a go.  It seemed to want a kmz file as well for the checksites option and I don't have one of those.

On Wed, 25 Nov 2020 at 10:02, Peter Effeney [via MapRun] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Michele,

It can be tricky to find the right folder as different versions/models/brands of Android Phones do it differently.

The easiest way is to upload your kml file as a Checksites event - This will give you a confidential 6-digit code that you can use to open the event on any device. (and you don't need to copy the file into a mysterious folder on your Android).

See: http://maprunners.weebly.com/maprunf---checksites.html

Regards

http://maprun.250607.n8.nabble.com/Private-event-tp763p764.html
To unsubscribe from Private event, click here.
NAML

Re: Private event

Michelle

I agree the web page is not particularly clear (I'll change the wording) - but the page I sent you to says:

"A map file (in KMZ format) ... but you can skip needing a map if you don't have one"

Re: Private event

Michele Krome
All good - just uploaded my file and it worked - yeah  -thank you.

http://maprun.250607.n8.nabble.com/Private-event-tp763p766.html