Problems emailing from MapRunF on an iPhone

Re: Problems emailing from MapRunF on an iPhone

pfoulkes
Hi
I was unable to email a GPX track from my iPhone yesterday evening.
The draft email appears but won't send.
I think this is because corporate policy dictates use of a more secure email app.  The default email App is still installed (for now) but has been disabled so I can't use it to send or receive emails.  I can see the draft MapRunF email in the outbox of the default email tool but can't send it and can't copy the GPX file from that message.
Is there another way to get the GPX file?
I was only trying to send the GPX track because my MapRun track did not synch with Strava.  I'll post about that on a different thread.
Thanks

Re: Problems emailing from MapRunF on an iPhone

Peter,

I’m not sure MapRun can cope with that scenario.

So why not upload the “Result” to the server. Then as an Administrator you can get the GPX file from the server:
- Console > Results - Individual > Select event > Select runner >  Select Action next to the GPX file to Download it.

RE: Problems emailing from MapRunF on an iPhone

wivory

I have now tried emailing a track and it works absolutely fine, using same email app that fails for kmz files. So it appears my email app is less likely to be the problem.

However as noted the Web version works for me so while it would be nice to have this work, there is an alternative that works.

William

Sent from my Xperia by Sony smartphone

---- [hidden email] wrote ----

I’ve not tried emailing a track, but the web-based ‘Create KMZ File’ option does exactly what I need so that solves the problem. Hadn’t realised that existed or I’d have used it in preference to the phone.

Thanks,

William

Re: Problems emailing from MapRunF on an iPhone

pfoulkes
Thanks Peter
That has done the trick :-)

Re: Problems emailing from MapRunF on an iPhone

Couponsva
Thanks a lot very helpful and interesting content…it’s article very nice… thanks you
couponsva
12