QR Code Errors

WithaMap
I set up a couple of events with Multi-punch functions.  For some reason even though the GPS function is working, every time I try to scan the QR Code I get the same error.  I am sure it is something simple but cannot figure it.
I used the wonderfully simple QR Code generator that Michael Raz made.
Of course, the error starts at the Start and I cannot move forward from there.

Thanks for all the hard work on this project.   I hope to try out the NFC after I get around this problem.

Re: QR Code Errors

Hi,

This looks like a mismatch between the settings set for the particular Event and the QRCodes on the course.

Please let me know what the name of the event is to be able to check this.

Re: QR Code Errors

WithaMap
Thanks Peter

I tried 2 parks with the same result

In the Kentucky/LongRunPark directory   Longrunpark PXAC
The other one is in Kentucky directory and is called DugasAnytimeO PXAC

Re: QR Code Errors

Thanks for the extra info.

As I suspected, these events are published with the QR Code prefix as "http://www.maprunners.com.au?c=".  This is the default setting.

MapRun6 takes this prefix strictly as a string to match with the code it reads from any QR Code that is scanned.

Your QRCodes are produced with the prefix shown in your screen shot: http://maprunners.com.au. That is, the www. is missing.

Although these two strings would resolve to the same URL in a web browser, MapRun6 allows QR Codes to be any string eg "MyFavouriteEventControl-S1", as long as the setup for the event matches the actual tags in the field. So we do a simple string match to confirm that the  QR Code scanned is one for this course.

The easiest fix in this case would be to delete the event, and then republish it with the QR Code prefix that matches those on the course, that is:  http://maprunners.com.au?c=

We'll check in with Michael to check that the default in the tool aligns with the default in MapRun.

Re: QR Code Errors

MichaelRaz
This post was updated on .
Sorry about this.  Release V2.0.2 is available but the current fix is either, as Peter suggested or, depending if you are only testing with easily printed QR Codes, re-print with the corrected URL.  This can be saved as one of the User Default settings so you don't have to rush to install the new version.

On the plus side, thanks for using the tool WithaMap - sorry that you are a beta-tester!

Michael