Recovering deleted run

NigelH
Tonight I ran a course using MaprunG on a Garmin 630. All was going fine till about 3/4 of the way round, when I couldn't get a "beep" from a control even though I knew I was in the right place. Looking at my watch, it seemed that MaprunG had exited and deleted the run that far - it was raining, and I'm guessing that the cuff of my jacket had somehow triggered the touch screen to do this, imporobable though that sounds.

I tried a file recovery utility, and that found a file _POB.BIN with a plausible size and modification time which it managed to recover; however, this is plainly not in FIT format. Does anyone know if this is something that MaprunG created, and whether it's possible to recover anything from it, please.