Score events with no time limit

Simon Oxley
I seem to misunderstood the way to set up a score event with no time limit. Following the specification at http://maprunners.weebly.com/scoring-schemes.html I have a course including the codes PXAS ScoreV00. It's about a 5-6 hour event and everybody has massive negative scores! Does the V00 not do what I expected?

Re: Score events with no time limit

Simon,
Sorry a bug. Actually a missing feature. This has not be implemented in MapRunF. A feature that was never used in MapRun!

I'll add it to the next version.

You can go in and edit the results to undo the penalty. Let me know via the support email if you have problems.

Regards

Re: Score events with no time limit

Simon Oxley
OK thanks - I'll fix manually. I was quite surprised to find it as a listed feature - it's a good one though!

Re: Score events with no time limit

pfoulkes
We set up a couple of courses with this feature too and got penalties for 'late' finishes.
@Peter, when do you expect to launch a version which supports no-penalty score courses?
It it's going to be a while I will republish the course with a time limit of 999 minutes, which should be fine as a workaround.
Thanks

Re: Score events with no time limit

Peter,

I can't think of any real advantage of ScoreX00 over ScoreX999, so using Score999 looks like a pragmatic solution... and probably means that the "MapRun Global Development Team" can focus on some other priorities in the near-term.

Re: Score events with no time limit

Martyn
Sorry, this is still in code to me!
So if I want to allocate 10 points per control but with no time limit what should I put?

Re: Score events with no time limit

The simplest way currently to have no time limit is to just set a very long time limit eg 999.

Then you need to decide on one of the available scoring schemes.

http://maprunners.weebly.com/scoring-schemes.html

eg ScoreV999  would give you 20 points per control with no timelimit.

Re: Score events with no time limit

Martyn
Ok, thanks, I'll do that and make the score 20 each. You have some very sophisticated scoring schemes in Australia!

http://maprun.250607.n8.nabble.com/Score-events-with-no-time-limit-tp85p389.html

Re: Score events with no time limit

Martyn
Just one more question on this I am afraid.
I ran a score with no time limit and no points allocated, and when I did not punch one I got a mispunch.
If I allocate 20 points per control and no time limit will someone who does not get them all still get a mispunch? I dont really want people shown as mispunched.
Thanks
Martyn

Re: Score events with no time limit

Martyn, What is the event name you used for this event? Peter

Re: Score events with no time limit

Martyn
Hi Peter
Beacon fell score July 20

http://maprun.250607.n8.nabble.com/Score-events-with-no-time-limit-tp85p404.html

Re: Score events with no time limit

Martyn

MapRun/MapRunF won't see that as a score event. The default event type if you don't put codes in the event name is a PXAS event (ie scatter), so you'd need to visit all controls for a valid result.

You'll notice that in the results that there are no scores given... a clear sign that this is not a score event. The results are sorted by running time... not by score.

Score events need you to select a scoring scheme from those available: http://maprunners.weebly.com/scoring-schemes.html

A typical unlimited time score event would be: Beacon Fell Score July 20 PXAS ScoreQ999
(ScoreQ00 should be unlimited time, but there is a bug related to this).

Re: Score events with no time limit

Martyn
Ok, thanks, I'll put a score scheme in.
On a different point, one of my testers is now trying to get into checksites to put a code in.
She says
Sorry but tried the turning on and off and still the same. it is basically the course that you previously planned in 4 times, one of them with a track showing and the others just the map with the controls and course.
So she is seeing previous courses and is not being asked for a code??
Martyn

On 11 Jul 2020 22:15, "Peter Effeney [via MapRun]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Martyn

MapRun/MapRunF won't see that as a score event. The default event type if you don't put codes in the event name is a PXAS event (ie scatter), so you'd need to visit all controls for a valid result.

You'll notice that in the results that there are no scores given... a clear sign that this is not a score event. The results are sorted by running time... not by score.

Score events need you to select a scoring scheme from those available: http://maprunners.weebly.com/scoring-schemes.html

A typical unlimited time score event would be: Beacon Fell Score July 20 PXAS ScoreQ999
(ScoreQ00 should be unlimited time, but there is a bug related to this).

http://maprun.250607.n8.nabble.com/Score-events-with-no-time-limit-tp85p407.html

Re: Score events with no time limit

Martyn - I can't tell what she is trying to do. I suggest you get together with her and see what she is doing.
It sounds like she is opening results (to see a track!)

To get your event initially, she needs to tap the menu button on the home screen (bottom right)> CheckSites > Enter the 6-digit code.

This event will be saved on the phone in Local Events (so you don't need to keep doing the first step again). She needs to go to > Select Event > Local Events > select your event from the list

If she wants to look at results (with tracks), she needs to go to > Results > ...

Re: Score events with no time limit

Martyn
Thanks. I've sent her this email, she may be in touch
Martyn

http://maprun.250607.n8.nabble.com/Score-events-with-no-time-limit-tp85p409.html