Start and Finish Tokens

paddison
Hi Folks

I've just been reading through the MapRunG guide and came across a reference to start and finish tokens to identify non finishers.

From guide:
There is no Start/Finish token uploaded to the server (a feature available in
MapRunF to list non-finished runners).

This sounds like a really helpful safety check if using phones only but I can't find any reference to accessing the information.

Has anyone experience, advice on using this?

Thanks

Paul

Re: Start and Finish Tokens

Paul,

There is an Admin tool that has the aim of giving a running list of runners who are yet to finish in an event.

The way it works is that upon a runner punching start and finish, a message is sent to the server and there is a tool that looks for starts without finishes.

That all sounds good... but it's not 100% reliable as a safety tool:
- runners may have started and a start message was not received by the server (their data was turned off or there was no data reception at the start location or they missed punching start)
- MapRunG on a Garmin Watch can't send the start message to the server (as it relies upon the paired phone for access to the Internet).

So the feature remains largely "undocumented" and I don't think it is currently be used by any clubs due to these shortcomings.

Once I get a few other things completed, I'll enhance the "Live Tracking" feature, which I think has better prospects as a safety tool (although again, MapRunG users will not be visible).

If you would like to explore it more, send an email to the support email address and we can go into details.

Re: Start and Finish Tokens

paddison
Peter - Thanks, I'll contact support. Paul