Strava?

Re: Strava?

lawriej
Hmmm... can you log into strava from a computer and check if MapRun is one of the authorised apps?

If it isn’t then I’d be inclined to remove the strava app (it is the latest release?), then turn your phone for a minute or two. Once you turn it back on, try the authorisation again and check via the website  that it’s worked. Hopefully it will have and you can reinstall strava

Lawrie

On Mon, 7 Sep 2020 at 16:20, IanW [via MapRun] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Have reinstalled Strava but still no success in uploading the file.

I've now emailed the track to myself so will do a manual upload.

http://maprun.250607.n8.nabble.com/Strava-tp45p621.html

To unsubscribe from Strava?, click here.

NAML

Re: Strava?

IanW
Hi Lawrie,
Please understand that I'm not very familiar with Strava so asking me to do things like that leaves me wondering where to start. I've had a look and as far as I can see MapRun isn't listed as an authorised app but is also not listed for information so I can't see how to change that but I might be looking in totally the wrong place. Sorry but I'm not great with apps.

Re: Strava?

lawriej
No problem…

If you log into Strava from your computer, click on your photo (top right), choose settings and then click ‘My Apps’ (left hand side of the window). If authorised, MapRunF will be there.

Assuming it’s not there...

You can only authorise MapRunF from the MapRunF app on your phone. So delete the Strava app, turn your phone off for a couple of minutes. Turn it back on and then authorise Strava from the mapRunF app on your phone. You should be prompted to log into Strava with your Strava username and password (might take a few seconds for you to be prompted). After that I think you’re informed that MapRunF has been authorised. You can then reinstall the Strava app and MapRunF will be able to upload. You will now always be logged into Strava from the MapRunF app.

hope this works/helps!

On 7 Sep 2020, at 20:48, IanW [via MapRun] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Lawrie,
Please understand that I'm not very familiar with Strava so asking me to do things like that leaves me wondering where to start. I've had a look and as far as I can see MapRun isn't listed as an authorised app but is also not listed for information so I can't see how to change that but I might be looking in totally the wrong place. Sorry but I'm not great with apps.

http://maprun.250607.n8.nabble.com/Strava-tp45p623.html
To unsubscribe from Strava?, click here.
NAML

RE: Strava?

IanW

Hi Lawrie,

Thanks for persisting with this.

Logging in to Settings I have no menu option called My Apps on the left hand side. I’ve been through the options that are there but none contain an apps option. Screen shot attached.

I deleted the Strava app from my phone then turned it off. When I turned it back on I went to the MapRun app and tried to upload my latest run. I logged into Strava and the Authorise screen came up. Pressing Authorise turned the button a darker colour but that was it – nothing else happened and looking at Strava on my PC there’s still no change to the menus.

Ian

http://maprun.250607.n8.nabble.com/Strava-tp45p624.html

To unsubscribe from Strava?, click here.
NAML

strava screen shot.JPG (144K) Download Attachment

Re: Strava?

lawriej
Hi Ian

If you can’t see ‘My Apps’, I’m guessing you just record your activities using your phone and not via a GPS watch? As there are no authorisations to be displayed, hence no ‘My Apps’.

When you say logged into Strava… this was from MapRunF? Assuming it was then it seems to be a Strava problem not recognising your username & password. I’d raise an issue with Strava Support. MapRunF seems to be doing it’s part of the authorisation correctly.

Good luck

Lawrie

On 7 Sep 2020, at 20:48, IanW [via MapRun] <<a href="x-msg://4/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=624&amp;i=0" target="_top" rel="nofollow" link="external" class="">[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Lawrie,
Please understand that I'm not very familiar with Strava so asking me to do things like that leaves me wondering where to start. I've had a look and as far as I can see MapRun isn't listed as an authorised app but is also not listed for information so I can't see how to change that but I might be looking in totally the wrong place. Sorry but I'm not great with apps.

http://maprun.250607.n8.nabble.com/Strava-tp45p623.html

To unsubscribe from Strava?, click here.
NAML

http://maprun.250607.n8.nabble.com/Strava-tp45p624.html

To unsubscribe from Strava?, click here.
NAML

strava screen shot.JPG (144K) Download Attachment

http://maprun.250607.n8.nabble.com/Strava-tp45p625.html
To unsubscribe from Strava?, click here.
NAML

RE: Strava?

IanW

Hi Lawrie,

I can log into Strava ok on my phone but I use Facebook to login. Is this the problem – does MapRunF require me to log into Strava using a user name and password?

I’m not sure what I could say to Strava support because as I say it works fine if I log in to Strava as opposed to going through the MapRunF app.

[...]

http://maprun.250607.n8.nabble.com/Strava-tp45p626.html

To unsubscribe from Strava?, click here.
NAML

Re: Strava?

lawriej
Ian

Yes, I suspect that is the problem. MapRunF is asking Strava to authorise it but Strava can’t because you use Facebook to access it. You don’t have a strava username and password?

Lawrie

From: lawriej [via MapRun] [mailto:<a

href="x-msg://4/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=625&amp;i=0" target="_top" rel="nofollow" link="external" class="">[hidden email]]

Sent: 07 September 2020 21:36

To: IanW <<a href="x-msg://4/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=625&amp;i=1" target="_top" rel="nofollow" link="external" class="">[hidden email]>

wrote:

[...]

http://maprun.250607.n8.nabble.com/Strava-tp45p632.html

To unsubscribe from Strava?, click here.

NAML

RE: Strava?

IanW

Just not used the username and password for so long.

Have done a “reset password” and tried it again with the new password – still no luck.

I think it’s time to accept defeat. At least I know now how to obtain the track so can do a manual upload.

Thanks for all your help with this – shame we couldn’t make it work.

From: lawriej [via MapRun] [mailto:<a

Sent: 07 September 2020 21:36

To: IanW <<a href="x-msg://4/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=625&amp;i=1" target="_top" rel="nofollow" link="external" class="">[hidden email]>

wrote:

[...]

http://maprun.250607.n8.nabble.com/Strava-tp45p633.html

To unsubscribe from Strava?, click here.
NAML

From: lawriej [via MapRun] [mailto:[hidden

email]
]

From: lawriej [via MapRun] [mailto:<a

Sent: 07 September 2020 21:36

To: IanW <<a href="x-msg://4/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=625&amp;i=1" target="_top" rel="nofollow" link="external" class="">[hidden email]>

wrote:

[...]

http://maprun.250607.n8.nabble.com/Strava-tp45p634.html

To unsubscribe from Strava?, click here.

NAML

RE: Strava?

IanW

Yes I did. I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve reinstalled Strava this week. As you say, it’s obviously not meant to be.

Ian

From: lawriej [via MapRun] [mailto:[hidden

email]
]

From: lawriej [via MapRun] [mailto:<a

Sent: 07 September 2020 21:36

To: IanW <<a href="x-msg://4/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=625&amp;i=1" target="_top" rel="nofollow" link="external" class="">[hidden email]>

http://maprun.250607.n8.nabble.com/Strava-tp45p635.html

To unsubscribe from Strava?, click here.
NAML

12