Suggestion for the MapRunners Create KML Course Tool - GPX Track Support

Suggestion for the MapRunners Create KML Course Tool - GPX Track Support

Lawrie Brown
Hi Peter

I've had a few people use the new MapRunners Create KML Course tool, and feedback has been good. Definitely a lot easier to use for newcomers than Google Earth.

I have one suggestion from my own (pretty heavy usage) of Google Earth for this. One thing I do is after being out on a checksites course checking controls, where I've dropped location pins to help locate controls that are not correctly placed, is to then email the track to myself, and open in Google Earth so I can compare the location pins & track with what I have in the course KML file. Currently there is no way to do this (that I can see) with the new tool. If support for opening & displaying GPX tracks (with location pins) was added, the new tool would I think cover everything I usually do now with Google Earth.

For consideration.

Cheers
Lawrie

Re: Suggestion for the MapRunners Create KML Course Tool - GPX Track Support

Lawrie,

Thanks for the suggestion. That is certainly on the list of future enhancements.

We are currently focused on the MapRun v7 enhancement list, and will come back around to enhancing the Console next.

Thanks

Regards
Peter