UK - OOMap

David Smith
Hello Has anyone else using oomap.co.uk maps for Maprun, that fences are appearing in urban areas, looks like Open Street Map is adding them in from Bing, when highlighting one of the fences.
It making the maps look very messy and have no significance whats so ever as they are boundary fences between some gardens.
Dave WCH

Re: UK - OOMap

d-dixon
Hi David,
In some areas, OpenStreetMap data does have fences included, whether these are derived from Bing, surveys or other sources.  oomap (https://oomap.dna-software.co.uk/) uses this data, and optionally will render fences.  In some instances these can be useful but as you have found, in well-mapped urban areas these can dominate and add far too much clutter.
The problem has been more visible recently as I fixed a bug in oomap where fences weren't rendered regardless of preference.  To turn off fence rendering, check out this guide:
https://oomap.dna-software.co.uk/help/details/rendering-options/
...and uncheck the "show fences" option.
These options are not remembered between sessions so you'll need to adjust them on each noew occasion.

Re: UK - OOMap

David Smith
Hi David
Thanks for your very quick response, I was going to add here your response but you beat me to it.
Also we have had issues with power lines nice to know we can turn these off as well.
Dave