Unfortunately MapRun F has stopped

Michael
Has happened a few times. I just restarted MapRun and carried on without recording circumstances but thought I should report. Latest instance was trying old phone without a sim card, successfully did a bit of a course, got back into wifi coverage, tried manual upload, track uploaded OK (can see in results) but app fails during the log file upload. Should I worry?

Re: Unfortunately MapRun F has stopped

Michael

Can you email through a few more details please (to the support email address).

User name
iPhone or Android
Event Name

Thanks

Re: Unfortunately MapRun F has stopped

For info of anyone following this thread.

Michael was using a Galaxy J2, Android 5.1.1 with 1GB of memory.

Crashes were found in the logs, all relating to out-of-memory situations.

Re: Unfortunately MapRun F has stopped

MichaelRaz
Peter, I had one user report a similar thing a week or so ago but didn't follow up:

"I uploaded at home on wifi and it worked.  Well technically the app crashed during or right after the upload, but it seems to have worked fine without needing to re-upload"

Do you want me to see if I can get more information from her (cell phone, memory etc)?

Michael Raz

Re: Unfortunately MapRun F has stopped

Michael,

Thanks - Only followup with her if you are seeing a pattern, emerging issue, persistent error or a particular feature which is not working.

The nature of mobile phones is that older, less-capable devices will have memory/network/gps issues from time to time.

The crash reporting service I use is also pretty capable at sorting wheat from chaff.. ie identifying trends, so I think I'm getting any significant issues.

Peter