Warning Message when using MapRun6 and MapRunG

Warning Message when using MapRun6 and MapRunG

paddison
Hi

I've run the same course on a number of occasions and all is fine but on the last two times when using MapRunG and MapRun6 I've recieved the following warning.

Warning: Substitute data being used for Developer Field Number: 43 Size 20 Developer Data Index: 0

This message popped up immediately after selecting Get Map from Garmin within MapRun6 on my phone.

The track and result uploaded successfully, so not really an issue, but would be interested to understand the reason for the warning. (Event ID 12550)

Regards

Paul Addison

Re: Warning Message when using MapRun6 and MapRunG

Paul

Garmin watches produce a .fit file as the result of an activity. This is a flexible binary format file that can hold GPS data, and heart-rate, cadence etc data. MapRunG uses a feature that allows adding custom fields ("Developer Fields") into the .fit file to return the details of control punching.

Sometimes we find that the .fit file has internal inconsistencies. In such cases we display a warning, in the hope that we may be able to identify the scenarios that led to this.

We have a means to recover the data from the .fit file even if this internal inconsistency occurs... so it shouldn't cause any issues.

If you can identify anything different with cases that give this warning, that would be helpful.

Re: Warning Message when using MapRun6 and MapRunG

pauladdison
Peter

Thank you for you prompt reply.

The message appeared after repeating a course several times. When selecting Get Track from Garmin, I think that I may have selected an earlier track. I think the result I had just recorded had not synched from Garmin to MapRun due to poor signal and I selected the previous track???

I can't think of anything else that might have been different.

Thanks again.

Paul