Why has my "Beep" changed?

Simon B
When I started MapRunning my phone vibrated, Beeped and then gave the "incoming message" sound. This was all very loud and clear. Now it just goes beep. I'm not aware of changing anything and this is on courses that previously gave the full signal.
In "Options and Setting" the alert sound is set to Beep1 and locked.
My phone is a basic Motorola g.
Any ideas how to get the better sound. I have heard others complaining that they cannot hear the phone so this might be a common issue.
Many thanks
Simon

Re: Why has my "Beep" changed?

Simon,

No deliberate changes have been made in MapRunF versions.

The sounds can depend upon whether the phone is awake (with MapRunF in the foreground) or asleep.

I'll review the sounds/vibrations in one of the future versions.

Re: Why has my "Beep" changed?

Simon B
Thanks, Peter.
I now remember that I did allow my phone to switch off notifications from the app (I did not associate that with the response while running). I reloaded the app as the simplest way to reset things and it is now back as before.
Looking in my (android) phone's Settings/Apps & notifications/MapRun/Notifications I now have both "TSLocationManager" and "your channel name" checked. The latter seems to be the key.
Thanks again and keep up the good work.
Simon

Re: Why has my "Beep" changed?

sheldec
Hello Everyone,

I received a request from one of our members asking how to change the tone.

I see in MapRun6 Options and Settings that alertSound is locked and set to Beep1 -- at least on my android phone.

Looking through the options to create an event, https://console.maprun.net/#/event_create I don't see an option to unlock that alert tone... or to change it.

Any pointers on how to find that?  If it's not yet enabled, that's fine too - I want to make sure I'm not missing something obvious.

Thanks for considering the question.

All my best,
Craig

Re: Why has my "Beep" changed?

Craig,

Sorry that option has not been implemented. It's maybe something for a future release, but at this point there is no way to change the beep tone.

Re: Why has my "Beep" changed?

sheldec
Thanks, Peter.
No worries...now I know.

Best,
Craig

On Mon, Apr 5, 2021, 00:17 Peter Effeney [via MapRun] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Craig,

Sorry that option has not been implemented. It's maybe something for a future release, but at this point there is no way to change the beep tone.

http://maprun.250607.n8.nabble.com/Why-has-my-Beep-changed-tp209p1089.html
To unsubscribe from Why has my "Beep" changed?, click here.
NAML