how to create a scorep course

SROCMapper
I've read the information about using parameters for fine tuning a score course but I can not make it work.
The instructions here https://maprunners.weebly.com/parameter-based-scoring---scorep.html say
"In settings – Include the set of parameters as a string like: “N, 0, 1.0, 10, 1.0, 0, 0, MRU, 30.0, 9.0” "
So I can either interpret this as  meaning I put this in the filename which I have tried with no success, or it means there is some option in the MapRunF setting panel when adding an event, only there isn't. I'm stumped - can anyone help?

Re: how to create a scorep course

MichaelRaz
This post was updated on .
I've only played with this feature as I have found so far that the base set of ScoreX (X being one of the standard options) has been enough.  The one thing I realized is that (in my testing), the course name not only needs to have ScoreP in the name but also a timing - so select a course name like "testcourse PXAS ScoreP60" and the setting options for the specials scoring parameters will pop up.  This makes sense when you realize that the special parameters do not include a time option for the course, but not obvious when playing with it!  Users need to be running MapRun6+ and so far, I have not had a requirement to force everyone to upgrade (although highly recommending it).

Re: how to create a scorep course

SROCMapper
Thanks. I hadn't thought of that permutation, I'll give it a go.

Re: how to create a scorep course

manker
I thought it might be useful to know how the points for each control are calculated in the ScoreP scheme. After a bit of trial and error, this is what I have come up with:

final score = [ P1 + quotient((P2 x CN), P3) * P3 ] * P4 + P5

where CN = control number
         quotient(x, y) is the integer result of dividing x by y
         the parameter string is: Rule, P1, P2, P3, P4, P5, penalty parameters ...

This is the score for each individual control before totalling and applying penalties.