iPhone settings

ToneSimmo
My wife has an iPhone SE and several attempts to load MapRun6 have not worked. The App loads ok but the Location While Using setting does not load and therefore MapRun won't work on her phone.
iPhone SE
Contrast with my iPhone 12.
iPhone 12

Re: iPhone settings

MichaelRaz
Bit of a guess but try checking directly through the Location Setting page rather than through the App settings page. Under Settings then search for Locations (or go through Settings - Privacy and Security - Location Services.  From here you can verify that Location services are on then scroll down to MapRun.

Edit - added screenshot

Re: iPhone settings

If Michael's good suggestion doesn't fix it....

Maybe delete the MapRun6 App from the iPhone SE.
Reboot the phone.
Reinstall MapRun6 and note particularly when you go to use it the first time (ie "Go to Start" or "Events Near Me"), you should be prompted to OK it using your location. Be sure to answer "While Using".

If this doesn't fix it - Please report back on which of the above steps seemed to fail.

You also try MapRun version 7. https://apps.apple.com/au/app/maprun/id1634949963 - Similar process to MapRun6, you will be prompted to allow use of your location when locations are first needed ("Events Near Me"/"Select Event" or "Go to Start").

If none of this works please let us know what version of iOS is on the iPhone SE. (I note that I do use an iPhone SE for testing MapRun6, and haven't had this issue),

Re: iPhone settings

ToneSimmo
Thanks Michael and Peter - sort of a combination fixed it. In Location Services I noticed that my wife's phone had 'never' against share my location with App Store, whereas my phone had 'while using'. So I deleted MapRun6 from her phone, changed App Store in location Services to 'while using' and then reinstalled MapRun6.

Tony