Check Sites problem

Richard Evans

I've been attempting to upload a Check Sites course. Three times I have had my files accepted and received a code, but when I enter the code, nothing happens. I get a 'Checking Code' message, a rotating icon, and then back to the same page with a blue droplet icon under the number. The course does not appear in the Local Events list.
Any ideas?
Thanks!

Re: Check Sites problem

Charlie Reid
Seeing the the same behaviour when I attempt my first Check Sites Upload today 1300-1400

Re: Check Sites problem

Richard Evans
OK, so maybe it isn't our problem?

Re: Check Sites problem

Charlie Reid
I am a newbie here so I wouldn't like to say!

However I have just managed to imports the files via an import directly on android. They wouldn't load from the SD card but loaded OK when I placed the event folder in the correct location on the internal storage. Just going out to try course now!

Re: Check Sites problem

Charlie Reid
The course and map uploaded directly into the android device worked fine - so I seem to have valid kmz and kml files. These were created in OOM using the new export buttons so your would expect the format to be correct. All very strange.

Re: Check Sites problem

Richard Evans
Well, I'm a novice too, but I think my files were OK, map file from OCAD, course file Purple Pen/Google Earth.

Re: Check Sites problem

MichaelRaz
I think there is an issue.  I set up a check site a couple days ago and it was fine but not today.  Luckily when I set it up the other day I also checked I could get to it on my phone so it is now local and I can use it.

Re: Check Sites problem

Sorry about that .... It's back working again now.

We ended up with someone entering some punctuation characters into their event name which the system couldn't handle. I'll improved the checking of names.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

Re: Check Sites problem

Eoin Sharkey
Peter,

thanks for sorting this out, can confirm it is working normally for me now.
Your system has been so solid since I started exploring it a few weeks back.
Weird stuff like punctuation characters happens -- even on 'serious system' like MS SharePoint.

Best wishes

Eoin (New Maprun user, UK)

Re: Check Sites problem

Eoin

Thanks for your comments.  An opportunity for improvement!!

I hope you enjoy MapRun,

Re: Check Sites problem

Richard Evans
Thanks Peter. Now working correctly. As a Maprun novice, looking forward to trying this out tomorrow!

Re: Check Sites problem

Charlie Reid
Many thanks Peter - great program - so many good things we can do with this!

Re: Check Sites problem

Justin farhall
I am getting the problem with the rotating 'Checking code' icon when trying to enter the map code in CheckSites. is there a problem with the server?

Re: Check Sites problem

aevans2
I am getting the same problem. Looks like a server issue

Re: Check Sites problem

Richard Rogers
Glad it's not something I'm doing!

Re: Check Sites problem

It should be fine again now. Someone had created an event with some 'invalid' characters in the filename, that weren't picked up by our validation of the name.

Re: Check Sites problem

Joseph9791
Hi, I have had this issue with checksites today, the map doesn’t download after putting in the code.
I realised that there were some underscores in the kml file I uploaded, so sorry if these caused any issues.

Re: Check Sites problem

Joseph

Sorry about that - It should be OK now.
(There had been another event uploaded that was causing the system to have issues).

Regards

Re: Check Sites problem

jorghofer
Hi, I uploaded to checksites and a got a 6-digit-code returned. However I cannot download in MapRunF app. Is there a technical issue?

Re: Check Sites problem

Yes - there is some data corruption in the CheckSites list of events. I'm working on it now. Peter
12