Crashes when Editing course in quick start event / maprunF

Crashes when Editing course in quick start event / maprunF

Goldbeard
Hi I'm a new user and already love it
I'm creating an event for personal use and made the first mistake of placing F1 mid course, causing the run to end prematurely when I accidentally punched F1
I went into select events>access local events offline and tried to remove F1 but it crashes when I swipe F1 left or right in the list of controls
Running on Samsung S9
Cheers

Re: Crashes when Editing course in quick start event / maprunF

Maybe you can drag the F1 to be the last on the course.
Otherwise, all I can suggest is to create a new QuickStart event.

Re: Crashes when Editing course in quick start event / maprunF

Goldbeard
Thanks Peter.

Any clicking dragging or swiping causes a crash and the app to close when in the quick start editing screen
Is there somewhere to report this bug or will this post suffice?

Re: Crashes when Editing course in quick start event / maprunF

OK thanks for the report.
Could you send some screen shots to support@maprun.net please.
Also any other info such as, is this only happening on a particular saved QuickStart Event, or is dragging and swiping not working at all in a new QuickStart?

Re: Crashes when Editing course in quick start event / maprunF

Ken Gullins
I'm having a similar issue: When creating a new quick start event I inadvertently placed F1 between control 1 and 2 (rookie mistake, I know!) And now I am unable to change F1. Sweeping side to side does nothing. I am able to change F1's order in the list but that doesn't help as it was already at the end.
I created a new event from scratch, having learned my lesson, and that works fine.
But now I'm left with this original garbage event that I'm unable to either fix or delete.

Great app btw! I'm having fun doing my own little loop in the neighbourhood over and over. Actually, it's getting so a regular hike without maprun is kind of boring because the intersections don't beep!!

Re: Crashes when Editing course in quick start event / maprunF

Ken

Thanks for the report.

Starting at the last point first - You should be able to delete the unwanted event from your Local Events list by swiping it sideways.

Back on the QuickStart event:
- Are you able to delete any controls? ie is swiping not working at all?
- Or is it just that you can't delete a duplicate F1?

Re: Crashes when Editing course in quick start event / maprunF

Ken Gullins
OK, swiping the event removes it. Good!

Swiping a control doesn't remove it, just moves it to the end of the list. But at least it doesn't freeze.
BTW at first I was trying to swipe the control's circle on the map rather than the list but that didn't work either!

Re: Crashes when Editing course in quick start event / maprunF

Ken
Swiping a control left/right definitely works on my test devices.
It can be a bit fiddley on small screen.
If you hold on the control for a moment then as you swipe sideways you should see an orange background background...
It's shown towards the end of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhMX6qyFNAQ&feature=youtu.be

Peter