MapRunG on Fenix 7

Mark3
Is this available? It doesn't come up in the Garmin IQ store when I search.

Re: MapRunG on Fenix 7

Mark, Garmin Apps need to be built for each specific watch type. The Fenix 7 is new and we expect it will be included in the next version of MapRunG (planned for the next week or two), Peter

Re: MapRunG on Fenix 7

Mark3
Hi Peter - no worries, thanks for your reply. It's great that I can just upload the track now anyway :)

Re: MapRunG on Fenix 7

Mark

MapRunG version 1.4.1 is now available. It supports fenix 7, 7S and 7X.
Given that fenix 7 is so new, any feedback would be appreciated.

Re: MapRunG on Fenix 7

Jan Willem
Hi,

New to MapRun and wanted to try it out with MapRunG.

The question I now have is how to get the map to print after uploading it to the watch?

 In the app MapRun you simply press start and get the map on the screen of the phone.

JW

Re: MapRunG on Fenix 7

Jan

Thanks for your question.

Even though MapRun on a phone displays the map/course, the most common arrangement is that participants run with a printed paper map.

It's up to event organisers as to how they want to provide a paper map:
- for scheduled events, maps will normally be provided at the assembly/start
- for permanent events (or "do in your own time" events), often the organising club will provide a pdf to print
   - this can be provided via the Club website, or
   - MapRun allows organisers to upload documents (or links to documents) attached to an Event
       - In this case, there will be an information icon beside the name of the event when you open it and from there you can download and print whatever has been provided. Typically: A map to print, any instructions, details of the start location etc.

I hope that answers your question.

Re: MapRunG on Fenix 7

Mark3
Thanks Peter. Downloads to the 7S fine and everything looks just like it did on the 945.
I have another event on 8th Feb so will let you know then.

One thing that might be good (but may be impossible) is the ability for MapRunG to override the system settings on the watch. I've noticed the 'beep' on the 7S is much quieter than it was on the 945 and so I'd like to have vibrate turned on for MapRunG (but not the rest of the time). But that's a system setting rather than a sport mode setting so not sure if it would be possible to override from within the app?
Just a thought :)

Thanks

Re: MapRunG on Fenix 7

Jan Willem
Yes, thanks!

Living in The Netherlands, where MapRun is not popular (yet 😉).

I found an event near my home which is open and without pairing MapRun6 to the Fenix 7X, you get the button "Go to start". After pressing I can see the map and run it. \

Pairing it to the Garmin the button now reads "Send Event to my Garmin Watch" which it does perfectly, but now I am stuck without the map.

Just wondering if it is at all possible to get access to the map I can get without pairing to Garmin, to print it myself.

Re: MapRunG on Fenix 7

Jan

You can use the map on your phone if you like, even if you are using your watch for tracking/punching controls (MapRunG). To do this... After you have sent the event to your Garmin watch, you can switch Watch Mode OFF, and then you will get the "Go to Start" button again and you will be able to see the map again.

Access to any map file for printing is with the event organiser. Often MapRun will not have a copy of a printable map... as what you see on the screen is actually overlays on a mapping base... that is, not a printable document.

Sometimes (depending on the map/course), doing a screen print from your phone will give you a printed map that is "good enough"... not pretty, but it may be good enough.

Re: MapRunG on Fenix 7

Mark,

Good to hear that MapRunG is working on your fenix 7S.

I'll add your suggestion to the list of things to investigate/enhancements.

Peter