QR codes

Andrius
Hey guys! I'm trying to use QR codes. Seems everything ok when I generate QR code with link like "http://www.maprunners.com.au?c=S1”
but when I replace to:
"http://www.adventuristai.lt?c=S1"
It says not valid for this event. What I'm doing wrong?

Re: QR codes

Andrius,

For QuickStart and CheckSites, there is no way to change the QR Code prefix from the default value.

If you are publishing an Event (as an Administrator), you can change the setting for the Event to have a custom QR code prefix string:

Re: QR codes

Andrius
Hello, Peter. Can I get events Administrator account?

> On 6 Mar 2021, at 21:50, Peter Effeney [via MapRun] <ml+s250607n1045h69@n8.nabble.com> wrote:
>
> Andrius,
>
> For QuickStart and CheckSites, there is no way to change the QR Code prefix from the default value.
>
> If you are publishing an Event (as an Administrator), you can change the setting for the Event to have a custom QR code prefix string:
>

> Peter

> http://maprun.250607.n8.nabble.com/QR-codes-tp1044p1045.html <http://maprun.250607.n8.nabble.com/QR-codes-tp1044p1045.html>
> NAML <http://maprun.250607.n8.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

Re: QR codes

Andrius,

Rather than providing your details via this forum, please see the instructions at Stage 4 on this webpage: http://maprunners.weebly.com/maprun---new-user.html

Re: QR codes

Andrius
Hello, Peter.
I have tried start anywhere function with QR codes. My starting point is for example Nr. 15, then I punch 25, 27, 09 and so on. When I try to punch Nr. 15 again as my finish point - it is not working.

On 6 Mar 2021, at 21:50, Peter Effeney [via MapRun] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Andrius,

For QuickStart and CheckSites, there is no way to change the QR Code prefix from the default value.

If you are publishing an Event (as an Administrator), you can change the setting for the Event to have a custom QR code prefix string:

http://maprun.250607.n8.nabble.com/QR-codes-tp1044p1045.html
To unsubscribe from QR codes, click here.
NAML

Re: QR codes

Andrius,

Sorry - I can't identify the result you are describing in the uploaded results.

To investigate this I would need you to upload your result and give me more details of the Event and the Runner's name.

Re: QR codes

Andrius
Its only a test. If I use “Start anywhere” function and punch random QR as my first (start) QR, The same QR is not recognazible as a finish CP. I have to use F1 QR code.

On 2021-03-26, at 22:32, Peter Effeney [via MapRun] <[hidden email]> wrote:

 Andrius,

Sorry - I can't identify the result you are describing in the uploaded results.

To investigate this I would need you to upload your result and give me more details of the Event and the Runner's name.

http://maprun.250607.n8.nabble.com/QR-codes-tp1044p1068.html
To unsubscribe from QR codes, click here.
NAML

Re: QR codes

Andrius,

Thanks for the testing.... That looks like a bug. For the timebeing it looks like you can't use Start Anywhere with QR Codes.

(For GPS based punching with SAW, upon punching the first control, MapRun re-configures the course to make that control S1 and F1. However, this doesn't work if there are physical tags on the controls - as these can't be changed on-the-fly).

We'll fix this in a future release.

Peter